Sign in to follow this  
del82

Can I Take a Travel Iron On Board?

Not sure on this one del82 but I wouldn't worry too much. There are quite often plenty of laundry rooms nearby that have multiple irons and ironing boards in to use should you need them. Alternatively, you can ask your cabin steward to take care of this for you, but this is usually at a cost depending on the cruise line you're travelling with. The laundry rooms are free and would save you the luggage space of a travel iron.

In a word del82, NO. Travel irons are looked upon as a fire hazard and will be confiscated if discovered. Many passengers stow them in their luggage but if discovered by security will be confiscated until the end of the voyage as happened to someone I know this year.

Unfortunately Celebrity do not have self service laundries or ironing rooms on their ships so it will be a case of hanging any creased clothes in the bathroom and let steam take out the creases. As an alternative buy a product called 'Crease Release' Crease Release at Amazon - Save on Crease Release. which I personally use in such situations and found it quite good.

What not to Pack

For the safety of our guest, the following items are not allowed onboard:

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that are not allowed onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Prohibited Items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Personal Alcohol  (Note: Two bottles wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.)

Hope this helps from the Celebrity website does state not to pack irons

There are no Laundry rooms on Celebrity ships but they have a Laundry service via your room attendant.(Not Free) If your in the Captain's club you can have some free laundry done depending on which level your in?

You can try and take a travel iron onboard ,but you may face the indignity of having your luggage impounded and you having to explain  about the iron? or drink in you try to smuggle it on the the ship.Don't suppose pressing anything on the bed or floor is a good idea in any case....Davybe

2 hours ago, DavidH said:

Bit surprised and disappointed to read that some members are suggesting smuggling items on board against the cruise lines declared policies.

DavidH

i think it was a joke

20 hours ago, DavidH said:

Bit surprised and disappointed to read that some members are suggesting smuggling items on board against the cruise lines declared policies.

DavidH

Morning David.

I would never encourage anyone to flaunt any rules or regulations.

The reality is they need no encouragement ,most surprised on QE how many people had taken  water heaters and travel kettles to have a brew in there cabins? Our friends took a very old water heater which I Would have binned years ago as unsafe? 

My Brother in Law took no notice of the advice we gave him and tried to smuggle two bottles of brandy onto a Celebrity ship .He and others had to go to reception and with a security person unlock their cases and get a ticking off for breaking the rules,regarding taking  Sharps/ Irons /Kettles and drink on the ship....Davybe

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, Maddie3 said:

Who irons on holiday... :D

I usually do on longer cruiser, where Laundry or more especially, ironing facilities are available.

Worth also keeping a watch out on some cruise lines, for Bag Wash 'specials' like:  All you can cram into a linen laundry bag for a set fee eg: $25 USD. 

I usually take along 4 or 5 Plastic (Dry cleaning) hangers in my case and Hand Wash liquid too. Ideal for Freshening up shirts and plus the inevitable underwear and socks too. Trick is to stay on top of it, every few days!

Peter.

3 minutes ago, HALaP&O said:

I usually do on longer cruiser, where Laundry or more especially, ironing facilities are available.

Worth also keeping a watch out on some cruise lines, for Bag Wash 'specials' like:  All you can cram into a linen laundry bag for a set fee eg: $25 USD. 

I usually take along 4 or 5 Plastic (Dry cleaning) hangers in my case and Hand Wash liquid too. Ideal for Freshening up shirts and plus the inevitable underwear and socks too. Trick is to stay on top of it, every few days!

Peter.

If only I was this organised HalaP&O. You seem to have it all under control. Me on the other hand, I always start with good intentions of keeping on top of such things but am sadly too often distracted by the cocktail of the day!

1 minute ago, sammy sun said:

If only I was this organised HalaP&O. You seem to have it all under control. Me on the other hand, I always start with good intentions of keeping on top of such things but am sadly too often distracted by the cocktail of the day!

A-ha sammy sun, that's why I usually leave my cocktail of the day or 'Happy Hour' experience until an hour or so before dinner, otherwise nothing gets done, other than copious amounts of early afternoon snoring!

Peter.

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 3:45 PM, del82 said:

I'm going on Celebrity in May and I just wondered if anyone knows if I can take a travel iron with me to use in my cabin?

The answer No  you can't take a travel iron.  It will be taken off you