Guest Solent Richard

Bolsover Cruise Club - Jumping In With Great Service

i believe the reason behind having to call for prices when flights are included is because of the various prices from various airports and the fact i was told they work from a live flight system and the prices are changing constantly.

i believe the reason behind having to call for prices when flights are included is because of the various prices from various airports and the fact i was told they work from a live flight system and the prices are changing constantly.

That sounds like a lot of nonsense to me.  Plenty of sites offer live flight prices so there's no reason why they can't pull this information together on a consumer-friendly front end (other than perhaps the cost of the systems to do it, but that's their problem, not ours).

That sounds like a lot of nonsense to me.  Plenty of sites offer live flight prices so there's no reason why they can't pull this information together on a consumer-friendly front end (other than perhaps the cost of the systems to do it, but that's their problem, not ours).

dst87 i believe they will be sites that you can book on also? i dont think you can book online on bolsover site so it wont have that facility to pull live flights through

dst87 i believe they will be sites that you can book on also? i dont think you can book online on bolsover site so it wont have that facility to pull live flights through

It shouldn't really matter though - you can show prices and then direct them to call or e-mail to book or for more information.

By your logic why do Bolsover show cruise prices at all on their website?

When I have asked Bolsover for a fly cruise quote they have asked me to put the phone down and called me back with all the detials so no hanging on the phone and a price that includes everything.

Quite agree, why hang around on the phone, tell them when and where you want to go from, and wait about ten minutes they call you back at there expense, whats the problem? is life so frantic that people can't afford ten minutes wait, nothing much is going to change in that time. (keep it up BOLSOVER )  more than happy with the service. ;)

Quite agree, why hang around on the phone, tell them when and where you want to go from, and wait about ten minutes they call you back at there expense, whats the problem? is life so frantic that people can't afford ten minutes wait, nothing much is going to change in that time. (keep it up BOLSOVER )  more than happy with the service. ;)

Have always had fantastic , efficient service from Bolsover they will never keep you hanging on the phone they always tell you to hang up & they will ring back after a few minutes. If people wish to criticise them and not use them then it is their loss!

To clarify my original post. No one is doubting the good service given by Bolsover to its customers. My question was simply why can't they in line with other other cruise agents publish the total price of a fly cruise without the need to phone them and for them to then ring you back or email. We live in an age where people are used to looking at pricing over the internet and not having to phone for a quote as they did years ago. 1.7 million people cruised from the UK this year. I wonder how many looked at the Bolsover site and and thought, 'I can't be bothered to phone' and gave them a miss. There are also those who wont phone as they don't want to give a telephone number or email address because they are worried about receiving future advertising literature by post or email.

To clarify my original post. No one is doubting the good service given by Bolsover to its customers. My question was simply why can't they in line with other other cruise agents publish the total price of a fly cruise without the need to phone them and for them to then ring you back or email. We live in an age where people are used to looking at pricing over the internet and not having to phone for a quote as they did years ago. 1.7 million people cruised from the UK this year. I wonder how many looked at the Bolsover site and and thought, 'I can't be bothered to phone' and gave them a miss. There are also those who wont phone as they don't want to give a telephone number or email address because they are worried about receiving future advertising literature by post or email.

OWT,Good Morning, with reference to your comment (like other cruise agents do) I have had a look at a number of cruise agent's online and they do the same as Bolsover, so they are not alone. One reason I suppose they do this is so they can actually talk to you about availability and option's available to the customer, as for them getting intouch via e-mail with offering's you can quite easily unsubscribe,I have booked six cruises with Bolsover and never been bothered with unwanted sales calls ;) Ron

Afternoon Ron,

Your point is well made and I agree some do the same as Bolsover. However all the major agents that I look at include the airfare or give you the option to include it which makes my life simpler. Yes you are correct it is easy to unsubscribe but personally I would rather not be on the list in the first place.

Regards, OWT

OWT,Good Morning, with reference to your comment (like other cruise agents do) I have had a look at a number of cruise agent's online and they do the same as Bolsover, so they are not alone. One reason I suppose they do this is so they can actually talk to you about availability and option's available to the customer, as for them getting intouch via e-mail with offering's you can quite easily unsubscribe,I have booked six cruises with Bolsover and never been bothered with unwanted sales calls ;) Ron

OWT understand your concern regarding unsolicited mail , Emails, phone calls etc as there is nothing worse , however I can confirm Ron 's comment never had this problem with Bolsover unlike a lot of other companies .

In this day and age of technology it is nice to talk to a person on the type of cruise you would like , and then to receive a phone back giving you the BEST price. On our last cruise three of us sharing a cabin Bolsover come up trumps with our request. Long May they keep in business.

I've already book a cruise with Bolsover but trying to get an idea of prices from their website for further cruises I'm interested in is pretty poor. I'm looking at seeing the Northern Lights in March and can't get anything. Other websites are showing several cruise lines' offerings.

C'mon Bolsover - improve your website or you'll lose business. Whilst I'm sure that Bolsover will give me a very competitive price - I've got to look at other websites to see what is on offer. The alternative is to go to each cruise line's website to see. :(

cheers

Harvey

Am i missing something? I've spent a lot of time over the weekend researching various cruise lines on Bolsover's website and prices for flycruises are there? Ive looked at Cunard, P&O and Celebrity and they all offer the price including flights? There is even an option on the 'search' page asking for cruise type and you can select cruise only or flycruise?

Im no technical expert but what's hard about that?!!

Am i missing something? I've spent a lot of time over the weekend researching various cruise lines on Bolsover's website and prices for flycruises are there? Ive looked at Cunard, P&O and Celebrity and they all offer the price including flights? There is even an option on the 'search' page asking for cruise type and you can select cruise only or flycruise?

Im no technical expert but what's hard about that?!!

Having just looked at the sales pages I agree that many of them are now showing a fly-cruise price. This wasn't the case a few weeks ago. Could it be that as a result of the forum Bolsover have taken note and changed to include flights? If they have, well done.

The issue with the flight pricing is not Bolsover specific - the main issue is that the flights with certain ( not all ) cruise lines are on a "Live flight system" - this means that the prices can change on a minute by minute basis at the will of the individual airline, and the website is currently not able to reload this information 24 hours a day.

Therefore, in order to cause less confusion, it is far easier for us to obtain the prices for the customer when creating a quotation. We offer a callback service so do not keep clients hanging on the phone while searching for flights.

As said, this is only for a couple of Cruise Lines, such as Princess & Holland America, and only for cruises departing within 10 months.

The remainder of the cruise lines, who offer a built in flight package price have the full information displayed on the pricing screen :)

Just made another booking with Bolsover , once again what a pleasant experience. Great service, they never fail to impress me. I wonder what other members feel about service, most companies make promises,but all too often fail to deliver.Learn,t my lesson last week, bought a coffee maker on line because it was the best price. I had a problem understanding the instructions so tried ringing the company for help, you've probably guessed, press 1 for ?,now press 2 for ? Etc etc. when I finally got through to someone, advised to e mail another department. I gave up, I will wait and ask my 13 yr old grandson !! Seems to me the cheaper the price, the worse the after sales service.

The issue with the flight pricing is not Bolsover specific - the main issue is that the flights with certain ( not all ) cruise lines are on a "Live flight system" - this means that the prices can change on a minute by minute basis at the will of the individual airline, and the website is currently not able to reload this information 24 hours a day.

Therefore, in order to cause less confusion, it is far easier for us to obtain the prices for the customer when creating a quotation. We offer a callback service so do not keep clients hanging on the phone while searching for flights.

As said, this is only for a couple of Cruise Lines, such as Princess & Holland America, and only for cruises departing within 10 months.

The remainder of the cruise lines, who offer a built in flight package price have the full information displayed on the pricing screen :)

Do you work for Bolsover Popsicle as the wording in your post certainly insinuates that you do?

I do OWT .... I am a lowly salesgirl :)

I just thought I would try and explain why the prices don't always appear complete online.. believe me we would much prefer to have a complete flight package visible too!

We were on a relocation cruise in 1997 from Acapulco to New York.  Friends we made on the cruise,who came from Dumfries, recommended Bolsover and we've booked with them ever since. We have had some bargain cruises in the past.

I like it when I ring them and their phone system recognizes my number and they address me by name.  Very personal.