Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan

Are all cruise ships alike?

8 posts in this topic

Cruise ships come in a variety of sizes and personalities. You'll find a myriad of variations: big ships, small ships, explorer-oriented ships, absolutely decadent luxury ships, river ships, family ships, sailing ships ... and on and on.

That's the beauty of cruising each ship has it's own personality ,made up from the crew and passengers ,this can change with each cruise.

The Happy ship's we have sailed on are P&O's Oceana  and Celebrities Eclipse ,the bigger ships can be a bit impersonal a biy like living in a city...Davybe

Countrygirl likes this

Everybody has different views on their likes and dislikes, I for one had my worse cruise on P&O Oceania and made a promise to myself never again, yet I love Arcadia and Adonia. A few years ago we went on Cruise and Maritime Marco Polo, small tired ship but one of the best holidays, and that was due to the staff and other passengers. 

Hi  As already stated there is a great deal of differences cruise lines offer their passengers.   This varies from a "holiday camp type" of ambience to a much more imitate and sophisticated atmosphere.  No cruise lines will meet all expectations and so it is important to decide what you expect from a cruise vacation and do some research online to see which line is more likely to fit your needs.  

Even within a particular cruise company with similar looking ships they will all have subtle differences, as forum members have already commented look at what you want to get out of your vacation research what the companies and ships have to offer and choose based on this. If you want a low budget or 6* lifestyle all are catered for, it a bit like hotels the more you pay normally the facilities food & service are a better quality

No all cruise ships are not alike. Even with the same company such as P&O I’ve found the ship can make a big difference to the enjoyment of a cruise. The only ship I would ever now consider with P&O is the Aurora. I found our last cruise very disappointing and that was down to the fact that I really didn’t like the ship which was the Oceana. I’m pretty sure if we’d been on the Aurora I would have enjoyed the cruise. 

You could compare cruise ships to cars!

They come in all different sizes, styles, some are colourful others quite plain. They all have their own unique features! Some are fairly basic, others very high-tec and innovative..

The most important word to consider when you are looking into cruises is RESEARCH! The internet is a knowledge fountain, you can find almost everything you need to know out about the ships..!

mitch likes this