Sign in to follow this  
sunnygirl

P&O Azura cruise

Hi, Im looking at a cruise that goes out 2nd september this year from southampton for 7 nights.

The ship is the Azura . 

The cruise is a Western Europe. Visiting La Rochelle, Bilbao, La Coruna and St Peters Port Guernsey.

Please can anyone tell me if theyve done this cruise. My concern is the Bay of Biscay and how choppy will it be?

Also, is the Azura like the Ventura?

King Regards

I would have no problems with going out on 2 September on the Azura, I have been out of Southampton on much smaller ships in December/January, but everyone is different.

Azura and Ventura are sister ships so their lay out is the same, just different decor.

We have been through the BOB a few times and only had one rough crossing ,Had worse seas in both the Med and  the North sea.Take some travel sickness pills just in case...Davybe

We have sailed through the Bay several times and never (touch wood) had a bad crossing. The Azura is a large ship and with its stabilisers would cope with it very well anyway. Go and enjoy the cruise. Bilbao is a beautiful city.

2 hours ago, sunnygirl said:

Hi, Im looking at a cruise that goes out 2nd september this year from southampton for 7 nights.

The ship is the Azura . 

The cruise is a Western Europe. Visiting La Rochelle, Bilbao, La Coruna and St Peters Port Guernsey.

Please can anyone tell me if theyve done this cruise. My concern is the Bay of Biscay and how choppy will it be?

Also, is the Azura like the Ventura?

King Regards

The Azura is the sister ship to the Ventura they are very similar.

As already mentioned the Bay of Biscay can be hit or miss. We travelled through here in December and there were no problems, just slighty choppy at times. I'd pack some travel sickness tablets just to be safe if you're worried about getting sea sick. 

Edited by The Seven Seas

The BOB has the reputation but the English Channel can be much more choppy, so can getting into St Peter Port, by tender, I /we have done that cruise with our grand children we all loved it.

Have a nice time, what will be will be, no point letting it worry you.