cruise chef

Silent Disco on Eclipse

I recently returned from Celebrity Eclipse and although not taking part this time I watched the silent disco from the balcony above, a great spectacle and fun for everyone either watching or participating. Has nyone seen this on other cruise lines or is this individual to Celebrity

Looks odd to say the least ,but people enjoy watching also taking part.

I do not know if any any other cruise line do it, it appeared about2 years ago ,maybe due to complaints about the disco  noise from the cabins...Davybe

2 hours ago, Davybe said:

Looks odd to say the least ,but people enjoy watching also taking part.

I do not know if any any other cruise line do it, it appeared about2 years ago ,maybe due to complaints about the disco  noise from the cabins...Davybe

This is a great way to stop people complaining

8 minutes ago, WAVES said:

This is a great way to stop people complaining

I Would call it a a positive solution to a problem.

In fairness to Celebrity they rarely let a problem fester on ,dealing with it ASAP ,which is the way it should be.

Seen many a complainer (Moaner in some cases) who complain bitterly about anything and everything ,but have booked another cruise on the ship they are complaining about ....Davybe 

I have also just returned from the Eclipse and witnessed the Silent Disco we all was having a laugh even if we wasnt taking part you could listen to other songs so was funny seeing everyone singing different things haha!!

Several times we have considered cruising with Celebrity but have read, on various posts, that it is almost impossible to escape piped music in the public areas. This has made us avoid booking with them. Perhaps the 'Silent Disco' idea could be extended to other areas of their ships.

They have the silent disco on Celebrity Equinox as well, great fun. Lincolnshire Cruiser - don't let piped music in public areas put you off cruising with Celebrity they give a brilliant experience / service, as we have done several cruises with them and can't say that I can even remember hearing it!! So it can't be that loud! 

2 hours ago, Lincolnshire Cruiser said:

Several times we have considered cruising with Celebrity but have read, on various posts, that it is almost impossible to escape piped music in the public areas. This has made us avoid booking with them. Perhaps the 'Silent Disco' idea could be extended to other areas of their ships.

Not A problem for us but some just like any cruise ship to be run to suite them ,with no regard for there fellow passengers? They do have Live music near the lifts and the noise travels up between the lifts to the higher decks , but as soon as you leave the lift area then it has gone. Eclipse is one of the quietest ships we have sailed on.You will find that the music in the theatre can get a bit loud depending where you sit.   For whatever reason  Head office set these levels for "musical Impact" whatever that is ...Davybe