Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

How Your Cards are Processed ?

Found this interesting after the debate regarding the Double Charging from P&O ?

https://www.mastercard.co.nz/en-nz/merchants/start-accepting/payment-process.html

This is how it should work, but companies have for whatever reason started to use Facilitators ,(Third Party collectors)

One link will show you by world areas who they approve to process payments .

I was not able to find One particular one....Davybe

I did like your opening line on this topic Davy be and I am sure most out there will be saying badly, From both a consumers view point and also the seller who is probably hammered by charges from the card transaction companies. Your link makes interesting reading though and it makes you wonder how many times this type of event happens, I suppose we only know about this as it is a high profile company involved

Was not just P&O was also Cunard and Princess as all are part of Carnival UK and they all use Elavon where the error was made acting on behalf of the cruise lines and not the cruise lines themselves.

12 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

Was not just P&O was also Cunard and Princess as all are part of Carnival UK and they all use Elavon where the error was made acting on behalf of the cruise lines and not the cruise lines themselves.

The thread was started as  I was interested in how these things work  ,Brought on by the Double charging thread .

I find these things fascinating the fact withing seconds this loop between Me at a terminal somewhere can pay someone and the transaction is approved (Or Not) in seconds That request can be processed via Atlanta  or use to be for the Access card .....Davybe