Fretwell4

Loyalty from P&O transferred

Yes it's pretty good isn't it. I'm elite on Princess in spite of never sailing with them and I'm probably unlikely ever to do so. I wish it was still reciprocal with Cunard.

I believe I would be Elite on Princess but with their ludicrous prices for solo pax, I will have to wait to try them again when I cruise with a friend.  Mind you, as someone who does not care for the larger ships, even then my options will be limited.

I agree with sinbad10 above. We had cruised regularly with P&O, particularly, Adonia and Oriana, and requested the migration of loyalty scheme to that of Princess. Hindsight has proven this to have been a wise decision as we have become disappointed with the standards of P & O and sickened with the removal of Adonia to Fathom. Yes she is back but not refitted to her original capacity.

Pacific and Ocean Princess are now our preferred vessels.

I have also booked my first cruise with Princess and find I have platinum status. Apart from 150 minutes of free Wi-Fi, which I will ,use can anyone tell me what other benefits I may receive. Thanks

1 hour ago, geoffstravels said:

I agree with sinbad10 above. We had cruised regularly with P&O, particularly, Adonia and Oriana, and requested the migration of loyalty scheme to that of Princess. Hindsight has proven this to have been a wise decision as we have become disappointed with the standards of P & O and sickened with the removal of Adonia to Fathom. Yes she is back but not refitted to her original capacity.

Pacific and Ocean Princess are now our preferred vessels.

4 hours ago, tindall1039 said:

I have also booked my first cruise with Princess and find I have platinum status. Apart from 150 minutes of free Wi-Fi, which I will ,use can anyone tell me what other benefits I may receive. Thanks

Preferred Check-In
When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Platinum Members Lounge
In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum members to use the Platinum Members Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

Complimentary Internet Packages
Each Platinum Member will receive a credit towards the purchase of a package in our Internet Cafés or on a personal laptop! Our current internet packages onboard have now been expanded fleetwide to include wireless internet!

• $75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minute package)
    • $100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minute package)
    • $200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to two 250 minute packages)

You can use your credit towards a larger package if necessary, or enjoy all those minutes - compliments of the Princess Captain's Circle!

Exclusive Phone Line
Enjoy an exclusive shoreside phone number for contact to the Circle Desk. Your call will be routed quickly through to the Membership desk to discuss your cruise history, membership status, benefits delivery or any other Circle-related questions you may have.

* Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days

8 hours ago, tindall1039 said:

thank you Kensington 143. The check-in & departure lounge could be useful for me.

When you reach Elite level you get free laundry services, priority tender embarkation and free mini bar (drinks of your choice from the selection) in your cabin. You can exchange the mini-bar for a coffee card - which gives you free filter coffee, hot chocolate and ordinary tea, as well as the 10 (I think) speciality coffees in the Piazza)

Carnival Group in USA, initiated a group wide loyalty transfer scheme a couple of years ago. I raised the issue with both Cunard and PO, with answer that they were looking into it. I trust their navigators have better eyesight. Is PO concerned that their frequent cruises would flock to Cunard and so leave them having problems filling their fleet when the schools are open? Indeed, feedback from our recent PO cruises indicate that there is considerable reluctance to cruise on the larger ships, particularly from the 'grey pounders' who often have mobility impairment, and require an excellent system of lifts, consider the Britannia.