Sign in to follow this  
sunnygirl

Mini cruises

Hello,

Ive seen mini cruises going from Southampton which we have been on. Ive seen them in August. Does anyone know if  these cruises will be full of children because its school holidays.

Weve bever been on a cruise during school holls.

Hi  Naturally you will find that more children will be on board during school holidays, I have never had any concerns about the behaviour of children while undertaking a cruise, yes they can be a little rowdy around the pool but I can easily find a quieter area.  In addition to the children you are likely to sail with there will probably be a significant number of young adult groups (stag and hens groups  etc),s who are more difficult to avoid in the bars and lounges.

We did a 3 night on Aurora late August with our Grandchildren, it did have a lot of children but most were well behaved,  as said by Land Ahoy they do spend time around the pools and it can be noisy.But I must add it is not the Children that cause the problems it is the parents who think they are on holiday and do not need to control them. 

Welcome to forum Sunnygirl.

Your pretty much sure of seeing plenty of children on any holiday ,and cruising is no different, you can book adult only  ships or look at lines that do not push the "Family" in their adverts,Of the Major lines perhaps there will be less children o Fred Olson Cunard  And Celebrity , ,P&O RCI Princess and NCL I would expect lots of children....Davybe 

The other thing to bear in mind is that on a mini cruise, you are not going to have many - if indeed any - sea days so you will be off the ship much of the time.  Consequently, contact with 'hordes' of children may well be relatively minimal.

4 hours ago, sunnygirl said:

Hello,

Ive seen mini cruises going from Southampton which we have been on. Ive seen them in August. Does anyone know if  these cruises will be full of children because its school holidays.

Weve bever been on a cruise during school holls.

1 hour ago, afcandrew said:

The other thing to bear in mind is that on a mini cruise, you are not going to have many - if indeed any - sea days so you will be off the ship much of the time.  Consequently, contact with 'hordes' of children may well be relatively minimal.

A mini cruise from Southampton will have at least 2 or 3 evenings at sea. We did one on an adult only ship & it was awful with lots of hen & stag parties. Give me children over them any day.

Edited by 2torts