Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2torts

BOGOF

5 posts in this topic

I've just received a brochure from Saga which includes a cruise that we quite fancy in June 18. It's from £1369pp for ocean view & includes door to door travel service & insurance which can be deducted (£59). It's on a Cruise & Maritime ship so I thought that I would check the price on their website.  They are offering a buy one get one free deal but the price is from £2319 for an ocean view cabin with no travel or insurance.. This doesn't seem right to me as you only save £301 on the saga price ( if you take off the insurance) &.no travel so would have add car parking or coach fare. Very misleading on Cruise & Maritimes part.

I don't think it is really misleading by Cruise & Maritime.  Saga are obviously acting as a Travel Agent in this instance and are doing a special offer to include Insurance & Travel to/from the port.  Unless it is a very long cruise, you are unlikely to spend £300 on parking.

The point that I was trying to make is that if was not BOGOF it should be £4638 for 2 people but it probably wouldn't be compared to saga selling the same cruise for £2620 for 2 people. It could be that they mean that it is the price for 2 people & that it would be £1160 for a single passenger but it isn't very clear as prices are always per person not per cabin.

Thinking that pricing of anything is fair is rather like still believing in the tooth fairy.  Marketing will always try to achieve the best price, and if that includes bending the truth a little, or a even a lot, then they will.

B&M and 2torts like this

Reading my post again I don't think that I was very clear. What I was trying to say is that if Saga charge £1369 for one person then a BOGOF offer from CMV should be £1369 for 2 people not£2319. Well it should to my way of thinking anyway.

B&M likes this