Sign in to follow this  
Rods song

Adonia cabins

Hi everyone. Thinking of booking on Adonia but heard the balcony cabins (which we are hoping to book) are quite small. Can anyone give me a comparison to say the balcony cabins on Britannia/Oriana/Arcadia on which we have sailed. Looking at an Aft cabin and wonder if it would be noisy being a small ship and not too high up from the engines. Thank you fellow cruises.

Thanks for this Furby. Will now look in that direction. As I understand it from investigating further Adonia is of an R1 design which is the same as Azamara and which we have sailed on. I therefore know that the balcony cabins are extremely small and the cabins too so that puts paid to that. Cheers again.

I have sailed on both Arcadia and Adonia, I have too say the cabins are very similar, we spent a lot of time on Adonia sat on our balcony, at the end of the day you don't live in the cabin. I had a few great holidays on her and would not hesitate in going on Adonia again.

1 hour ago, Lovealifeboat said:

Just been on Adonia....the balcony cabins were fine from our point of view, and the balcony was quite big enough to sit out on and face the sea (unlike on Britannia)

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG

It looks good enough for us!

Yes, Adonia balcony cabins are smaller than some other ships but still perfectly adequate for two, but definitely not for three though there is a sofa bed. Never had a problem with sitting out on balcony. On the other hand the suites are massive and very luxurious but a lot more expensive by comparison to other ships. The ship itself is lovely and I much prefer it to the "designed for the masses" Brittania

1 hour ago, Chrishook said:

Yes, Adonia balcony cabins are smaller than some other ships but still perfectly adequate for two, but definitely not for three though there is a sofa bed. Never had a problem with sitting out on balcony. On the other hand the suites are massive and very luxurious but a lot more expensive by comparison to other ships. The ship itself is lovely and I much prefer it to the "designed for the masses" Brittania

Absolutely agree with you there Chrishook.  We have had 2 trips on Adonia,  Balcony cabins on A deck midship, and C deck midship/aft, and both cabins have been fine.  The balcony is definitely bigger than the one we had on Britannia, and having the sofa-bed makes for a nice sitting area to enjoy a pre-dinner tot or 2, if weather is not so warm outside.

Great little ship - so glad she has 'come home'

Gary

In 2015 we went on a cruise around Ireland on Adonia followed in September by a cruise to France and northern Spain on Britannia, so the two cruises were close enough to compare. We were shocked that our balcony on P & O's largest ship was smaller than on their smallest! The cabin on Adonia was not noticeably smaller than on Britannia either! In many ways, we preferred being on the smaller ship, apart maybe the entertainment, as the Britannia has an impressively large theatre and stage and some of the special effects were spectacular. What spoilt our enjoyment on Britannia was the large amount of sooty deposits from the funnels falling onto the rear public areas and cabins, and the base noise transmitted into our cabin (which was above the Live Lounge) until the early hours, particularly annoying on our last night when we had to get up early for self-disembarkation! So overall, Adonia was a pleasant surprise and Britannia rather disappointing in comparison.

I go on to YouTube, type in the ship and cabin number and there is a video for most cabin types, which gives you a good idea of size.  I have been in a rear facing cabin and found in great can't say I noticed it being particularly noisy.