Sign in to follow this  
ijfraser

Oceana air con

Just returned from Oceana fly cruise Malta to Venice etc. We found the air con on F deck completely ineffective. Engineers appeared with a laptop and took the control box of the wall and tried to do some adjustments to no avail. Having checked with other passengers on the deck and with a friend who sailed in December I think P&O SHOULD DO BETTER THAN THIS. I would appreciate any comments as I have raised this problem with P&O head office don`t suppose it will do me any good as they seem to treat long time cruisers with contempt {25 years]

Ian

Can't comment on air con but we did an Oceana cruise a couple of summers ago and had a bad experience which we took up with P&O and to their credit they did a good customer service recovery. We did vow not to go on Oceana again, but I hear it is going for a refurb so have booked a fly cruise for next summer. Our first with out any kids!!

Oceana was no where near uptown scratch when we went on her ,Air con  not that effective ,Toilet not working properly for 12 nights despite  ,leaking pipes around ship and in need of a lick of paint, felt ashamed when we looked at the Thomson ship which was in better nick ,Loved Oceana having been on her 3 times ,but I will need to see lots of good reviews before booking her again...Davybe

never been on this ship but booked for next April fly cruise only booked well in advance because we got great deal, just off Aurora great ship. will watch out for further info on this refit with interest especially as our balcony cabin on Aurora C deck was small hoping ours on Oceana A deck will be larger? can anyone tell me will it be larger ? many thanks.