Sistersue

P &O ARCADIA

Has anyone been on Arcadia lately ?  We seem to be seeing a few moans about the ship itself on another Forum

Can anyone put my mind at ease PLEASE !

, we are  going In August  Baltic cruise

Thanks

We did back to back cruies on her last year. It is not our favourite ship but the itineries suited us. We did not encounter any real problems. Some people will complain about anything. We go away to enjoy ourselves. If we have a problem we take it up with the staff straight away and it has always  been resolved..

go with an open mind and have a fantastic cruise.

We were on her late last year, and going again in September. I know she is due for a refit in October, but as said by cruise addict, we also hear other guests moan about everything yet they seem to keep booking other cruise's so they can't be that bad.

I have seen a lady complain because they left the skins on the new potatoes. Another person because they made her tea with a teabag and not loose tea.  The best was when a lady asked for the Sole florentine "but with no sauce or spinach " when the waiter confirmed her request for a piece of poached fish, no she replied I asked for sole florentine but without the sauce or spinach, I just smiled at the waiter.

Just  relax and enjoy. I have said before it is not always the ship that make my holiday, but the people we meet. 

Thank you for your thoughts and comments. 

Hopefully everything will be just fine and as Cruise Addict says if there is a problem we try and get it resolved as soon as.

This will be our 6th Cruise ,   2nd  with P&O so really looking forward to it after having a wonderful time on Brittania last year.

Thanks again

14 hours ago, cruise addict said:

We did back to back cruies on her last year. It is not our favourite ship but the itineries suited us. We did not encounter any real problems. Some people will complain about anything. We go away to enjoy ourselves. If we have a problem we take it up with the staff straight away and it has always  been resolved..

go with an open mind and have a fantastic cruise.

Hi CA.

Spot on some cruiser's seem to go away with the sole aim of moaning ,no cruise is perfect but never had the cruise from hell (yet) no point in dwelling on problems ,make your complaint ,then enjoy the rest of your day.

We met a man who managed there A4 pages of complaints ,he asked us had we any problems ,Air con not that good ,we said ,he wrote it down ? after a few minutes of his moaning ,my wife came up "your ruining your own Holiday by all this problem finding" His wife nodded her head,Last day he was moaning they did not provide free papers,beyonf help some people...Davybe

Arcadia was our first cruise ship and we loved her.  She remained our favourite after trying most of the other P&O ships and we booked her again for back to back cruises at Christmas 2014.  Unfortunately we have not sailed either on her, or with P&O again.   Maybe we were just P&O'd out and needed a change but if I'm honest (I too laugh at the moaners, so I understand what people mean) neither she, nor P&O were acceptable to us on that occasion and we decided they weren't getting any more of our hard-earned.    Despite this, we enjoyed our cruises, because we always enjoy our holidays - no point going away otherwise.

I think it is wise to consider that there are a lot of people who will complain about everything and anything, but there will also be a lot of people who have not been happy with the quality of what they have received.

Hopefully, things will have improved recently, and everyone else is right and I am not.   Fingers crossed for you.

Never believe everything you read or hear Sistersue, after all we have just had a general election and I'm sure if we believed everything in  the manifests and listening to the politicians they can solve everything!! (but will deliver nothing!!!!!!!)

Go, enjoy yourself & forumulate your own opinion but please let us know on your return

Thank you Botswain, and all .   I intend to go with an open mind and  hopefully nothing will spoil this cruise as St Petersburg is the one destination

I have longed for for a good few years.  It was the Ports of call that was most important to us and the dates that fitted for us , We really enjoyed P & O  cruise last year .

Thanks again

We were on Arcadia for a 2 day mini cruise 14th - 16th July this year and she was just fine. No evidence I could see of the ship looking "tired" in the public areas. True, in the bathroom of our cabin the fixtures and fittings looked a bit worn and the shower hose was a bit rusty, but everything was clean and worked OK. No cause for complaint at all.

I would say that the wardrobe space is smaller than on Britannia, and might be a squeeze for a two week cruise, but that's only a small thing.

I'll echo what other people have said above, some people seem to get off on finding fault in the slightest thing and moaning. We felt the same before our cruise on Britannia last November, seeing loads of negative reviews about tha ship that was only 18 months old! All totally unfounded as we found out once on board. Hope you have a fab time.

Edited by cozzyleicester
typo

Thank you for your thoughts   I am feeling more confident we will have a great time   lets face it 2 weeks of no cooking and cleaning

and fabulous places to visit    cant be  bad    !  

Thanks again