CJW

P&O Cruises to remove tea and coffee making facilities from cabins

2 hours ago, HLM said:

Not allowed I'm afraid, no cruise line allows travel kettles.

HLM.

Tell that to the passengers on QE lots had brought kettles ,and water heaters onto the ship...Davybe

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:24 PM, CJW said:

We are looking at booking another cruise on P&O following many enjoyable cruises with them over the years. We're very excited, as expected, apart from something a work friend has just told me. Basically, his friends have just returned from a P&O Cruise and they have said that P&O have plans to remove all tea and coffee making facilities from cabins.

I understand that you can get a coffee from the bars and restaurants which are practically open all day, but I'd still be quite annoyed if this is true. Does anybody know if this is true or could he be mistaken?

I would be appalled if this happened, only a simple thing but making a cup of tea whenever I fancy one is one of the reasons I book with

P&O. Going on Aurora in October so will try to find out then

Been cruising with P&O for 25 years and are thinking next one will be the last. We had serious concerns o our last cruise and after six weeks after writing still awaiting answer.Since Carnival took over it has been a downward spiral. This may be the last straw.Ian

Edited by ijfraser

On 7/23/2017 at 10:54 AM, Michael butson said:

Don't like the sound of that at all. Want to be able to make early morning tea at a time when I require it . Not have to wait for cabin steward to bring it probably cold when it arrives!!!!

I order early morning tea and fruit juice for my first morning on the ship and also write on the request card that I would like the same order at the same time each day.  This always works well for me (although I appreciate it won't for others) and if I have a really early start for an excursion, I just tell the steward the day before not to bring it the next morning.  It always arrives hot - mind you, I only sail on the smaller ships...

It is usually brought by the same steward each day and I can then give them a tip at the end of the cruise.

Good afternoon all,

You'll be pleased to know that P&O Cruises are not and have no plans to remove tea and coffee making facilities from their cabins. We hope this clears thing up.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

It may seem a petty reason to some but we book with p&o because they have tea/coffee facilities in the cabin. If we fancy a drink

at any time night or day we do not want to call room service and have to get dressed to answer the door!!

7 hours ago, Davybe said:

Tell that to the passengers on QE lots had brought kettles ,and water heaters onto the ship...Davybe

Obviously Cunarders must think they are exempt and above the rules, unlike us lower mortals :D

There is a smiley everyone.

HLM.

First thing I do when getting up in the morning on a cruise is put the kettle on!! Two years ago when sailing on a Royal Caribbean ship I noticed on entering my cabin there was no 'tea making' facilities I pointed this out to my cabin steward who confirmed this was not available on their cruise line, but should I want a 'morning brew' it could be arranged so every morning I got a knock on by cabin door and there was my cup of coffee!!!

Now that's great service !!! 

37 minutes ago, Mulcture said:

First thing I do when getting up in the morning on a cruise is put the kettle on!! Two years ago when sailing on a Royal Caribbean ship I noticed on entering my cabin there was no 'tea making' facilities I pointed this out to my cabin steward who confirmed this was not available on their cruise line, but should I want a 'morning brew' it could be arranged so every morning I got a knock on by cabin door and there was my cup of coffee!!!

Now that's great service !!! 

Just goes to show that travelling with a good cruise line there is no need for tea making facilities.

True OWT but you've got to know exactly when you're going to wake up so you can order it & whether it will be a tea or coffee day. I prefer to brew up when I wake up so that I can have it how I like it (strong tea or weak coffee) as the mood takes me.

I think that would be a really bad move on P&O's part ... it might seem like a trivial thing to some, but to others, me included it could be a deal breaker. We have always had a balcony cabin and on the last two cruises a deluxe balcony cabin and we spend a lot of time in the comfort of our cabin. Being able to make a hot drink when required and sit on the balcony and enjoy it is important to us ... we don't want the hassle of having to fetch one from somewhere on the ship or wait god knows how long for room service. Despite retiring from the printing trade when I was 55 almost 15 years ago I still can't get shift working hours out of my system and regularly awake between 5 and 6 am.  Having paid a large premium for my balcony cabin there is nothing I like better than to make a nice cup of tea and go out onto the balcony to drink it .. even if it's just to watch the sea go bye.  It is a part of what makes the extra cost acceptable. Another question that needs to be asked is if they are just removing all tea / coffee making facilities or actually banning people from taking travel kettles to make their own because passengers would be using non-regulated equipment that could be a fire risk ... I know some cruisers will think this post a bit pathetic ... but we are British and you know what they say ....  " There's nowt that can't be solved with a good cup of tea " .... 

I fully agree with 'Dunflyin' 

" There's nowt that can't be solved with a good cup of tea " .... actually I prefer a coffee but as you say we are British and when cruising on other cruise lines I miss that cuppa!!  

On 7/23/2017 at 5:29 PM, Oldworldtraveller said:

Whom would you book with?

Good question. 

To be honest, I may sub consciously looking for any sort of excuse to cease cruising altogether. The whole adventure has somehow lost it's sparkle, certainly over the recent past, for me at least.

I realise the whole topic was a wind up but it is interesting the number of presumably ardent cruiser's who are looking again at P&O with a different view. I stated previously as part of this thread that my wife and I were thoroughly tired of the cruise company that took loyalty so lightly and were pitching their selves at a new market that had little to do with the traditional British market. Bon voyage

Thank goodness that Admin has sorted this out, thanks.

I cannot believe how many people spent so much time writing on this forum when all they had to do was ask the question of P&O- which I did 2 days ago and received a phone call this morning from Mr Christopher Edginton's department to confirm that this was not true at all.

Glad admin have cleared this up as I'm sure it would have frustrated a lot of people due to travel with P&O. I did say that it was impossible to rule out but I'm glad it was just a rumour as they've seen enough negativity of late. It'd be good to see some positives for P&O for a change.

Just logged back on to the forum having been away for a few days. I'm glad it's been clarified by admin. I apologise that the information I received from my friend was incorrect.