chrisdutts

Can you remove tips at the end?

Every cruise I've been on I just auto pay the tips. I'd like to tip on my next one as I go along and at the end with the steward.

Can you wait a few days or at the end to tell the front desk? I think I may see how the first few days are before I remove them... I'm also worried if the steward knows he/she may not clean my room as well as they may think I'm not tipping at all, as I'll give the tip when I leave.

I'd rather see the person and thank them personally like anywhere I go.

Any advice?

You can normally remove tips at the start of your cruise. As OWT says I always give a small tip to our cabin steward at the start and then the rest at the end.  I wouldn't worry too much about the cleaning the standard should be the same regardless of when you pay your tips. If the standard is not to your liking then you should make contact with reception and they will most certainly sort out the matter. Well that has been my experience with P & O.

I have either left auto gratuity in place or tipped at end of cruise. Would never give a gratuity at the beginning of a cruise  it smacks of a bribe to me do not think anyone would walk into a restaurant and give the waiter a tip before you sit down or order your meal.

In years gone by folk would often tip when in a hotel to ensure good service at the beginning of their stay. I still maintain that whether they are tipped at the beginning or the end of a cruise staff are employed in a capacity whereby they should do a good job.

i am cruising on MSC for the first time, do they allow you to sign to say you will pay your own tips.

as i have done on other cruise ships ?

should i take my evening suit ?

do they have ironing rooms or should i pack a travel iron ?

4 hours ago, john wheeler said:

i am cruising on MSC for the first time, do they allow you to sign to say you will pay your own tips.

as i have done on other cruise ships ?

should i take my evening suit ?

do they have ironing rooms or should i pack a travel iron ?

Travel irons are a big no no on any cruise ship.