Scranman

Do I actually need to print my e-tickets?

Well 2 weeks to go until we sail. I was just checking all our details were up to date on the P & O cruise website. I noticed our E tickets were ready to download. Can anyone tell me do I actually need to print them off? 

I have always done so in the past. 

The E Tickets are one of the items the will ask for when you check in for you cruise so yes print then, but if you make any changes print them again.

wonder if they will accept one on a smartphone?

1 hour ago, Terry A said:

The E Tickets are one of the items the will ask for when you check in for you cruise so yes print then, but if you make any changes print them again.

wonder if they will accept one on a smartphone?

they do, if you can show them the ticket then that is fine, we even did that with fred olsen, just showed the ticket on the ipad

Last year I downloaded them onto my phone, and just showed them at check-in. No problems. Make sure they are actually downloaded though, not just opened on your phone, just in case there is a problem with the wi-fi or mobile data.

It's right that you actually don't need to print them off these days. As long as they are clearly visible on a smart phone or tablet, then you can present them that way. I've done this before and check-in went very smoothly.

6 minutes ago, Pesky Pirate said:

For the sake of a sheet of paper I would print them off 

I agree, having it printed off is always reassuring but a piece of paper can easily be lost. It's a lot easier to lose track of than say a phone or an iPad, hence why i always download a copy to these devices to just in case.

Being one who doesn't take gadgets on holiday, not only in case they get lost or stolen but also because I am on holiday after all I print them off. I take the cheapest phone and a decent camera and that's it. 

I did like it when you got proper tickets not the do it yourself job. It was part of the experience.

20 hours ago, Pesky Pirate said:

Being one who doesn't take gadgets on holiday, not only in case they get lost or stolen but also because I am on holiday after all I print them off. I take the cheapest phone and a decent camera and that's it. 

I did like it when you got proper tickets not the do it yourself job. It was part of the experience.

I'm the opposite, I like that you now dont have to waste reems of paper that just get thrown away and that everything can be digital. everyone needs to do thier little bit to help our planet out :)

You are lucky to be able to print them. Neither the P and O nor Princess cruise personaliser ticketing options work on old operating systems so despite my having 2 laptops, I have to either rely on my travel agent printing and posting them to me or visiting a library. Unfortunately my two local libraries have now shut down due to cutbacks. I also have a problem with my forthcoming Xmas Princess Caribbean cruise in that I am spending 5 weeks in the US pre cruise with no access to a printer and travel agents generally can only access etickets a couple of weeks before departure. I am planning on taking screenshots of my e tickets on my ipad mini  for check in as I dont use a mobile phone.

I take the printed e tickets along with my travel  insurance documents in a file with other relevant details and photo copies of passport, E.111 etc. and nearest relative if something should happen to me.   Perhaps I am organized, but I keep a file from the date I book until I get back home.

5 hours ago, Adele37woking said:
5 hours ago, Adele37woking said:

Yes always print of it speeds the process up can't imagine the staff at the docks would be very happy if we all decided not to print information of

Don't see how faffing about with a piece of paper speeds things up. All the check I  staff do with the paper is take the booking reference off it, the booking comes up on their screen and presumably name is checked against the passport presented. Same thing with ticket on phone, they just want the booking reference. I would imagine you could just tell them the reference number,  and it would work much the same.

I've always printed them off and taken them along, yet quite often all they want to see is your Passport and Credit/Debit card.

However at check-in at Southampton for P&O Oriana recently (June 2017), they did in fact ask for the e-tickets upon entry into the building itself. 

Generally, we print them off at the same time as the baggage tags, so that's usually just a few days before we leave home.

Smartphone technology is great, always presupposing that one's partner then doesn't leave it in the car, having been dropped off at the airport beforehand.  Thankfully it was only a domestic flight and the ID card and credit card sufficed.

3 hours ago, HALaP&O said:

I've always printed them off and taken them along, yet quite often all they want to see is your Passport and Credit/Debit card.

However at check-in at Southampton for P&O Oriana recently (June 2017), they did in fact ask for the e-tickets upon entry into the building itself. 

Generally, we print them off at the same time as the baggage tags, so that's usually just a few days before we leave home.

Smartphone technology is great, always presupposing that one's partner then doesn't leave it in the car, having been dropped off at the airport beforehand.  Thankfully it was only a domestic flight and the ID card and credit card sufficed.

The reason they asked for it at entry to the departure hall is to check your given embarkation time, so they can give you the appropriate coloured card.

17 hours ago, Adele37woking said:

Yes I see your point but why then do they ask us to print the e tickets in the first place

I don't know. But I am always asked to print off my Intercruise bus ticket, and all they do is check my name off the list, I've never had to actually show it. 

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, HthrEdmndsn said:

The reason they asked for it at entry to the departure hall is to check your given embarkation time, so they can give you the appropriate coloured card.

Now that would seem entirely logical, thanks indeed! :

We turned up at our appointed time, to be told that the 1.30 group had already been called through, so were immediately directed to the check in queue, without further hesitation.

Alas, check-in procedures around the world are not always so rigorously followed, or even adhered too?  So yet again, a good reason to print off the e-tickets, even if not always fully understood by agency terminal staff.

Thankfully, the Sydney OPT seems to be back up to full operational standard, once again.

Whilst on that topic, can anyone please advise on San Francisco cruise check in and departures, of late? All thoughts welcomed, thank you very much.

Peter. 

Yes take your etickets with you to present at check-in. Im sure they would still let you on the cruise without them as youll have your passports but better to take to speed up the process.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, shirvic said:

I take the printed e tickets along with my travel  insurance documents in a file with other relevant details and photo copies of passport, E.111 etc. and nearest relative if something should happen to me.   Perhaps I am organized, but I keep a file from the date I book until I get back home.

Me too! (other than E.111) that does not apply to us!