Mcc

Caribbean Princess technical problems

I am booked on Caribbean Princess for Xmas and New Year Caribbean cruise and have just had a letter from Princess advising of a changed itinerary due to technical problems which affect the maximum speed of the vessel and offering $50 pp refundable obc as compensation formissing St Marten and being replaced bt St Thomas and reduced time in some ports. This was particularly annoying as it occurred just over a week after I made the final payment. I notice from other sites that similar letters have gone out for other cruises beginning with its Transatlantic crossing in September. We were on Caribbean in June this year on a Round Britain cruise and there was no mention of any problems. Also when is the vessel ever likely to operate at maximum speed?

57 minutes ago, Mcc said:

I am booked on Caribbean Princess for Xmas and New Year Caribbean cruise and have just had a letter from Princess advising of a changed itinerary due to technical problems which affect the maximum speed of the vessel and offering $50 pp refundable obc as compensation formissing St Marten and being replaced bt St Thomas and reduced time in some ports. This was particularly annoying as it occurred just over a week after I made the final payment. I notice from other sites that similar letters have gone out for other cruises beginning with its Transatlantic crossing in September. We were on Caribbean in June this year on a Round Britain cruise and there was no mention of any problems. Also when is the vessel ever likely to operate at maximum speed?

We were on Caribbean Princess last August on a Round Britain cruise when she broke down in the Irish Sea on the way to Dublin and although it didn't affect running of the ship we drifted all day and when they finally repaired it by the end of the day we were to late for Dublin so missed the port. We were told after that by the time they had repaired it we had drifted and we ended up being closer to Wales than Ireland.