Sign in to follow this  
iknowlescourier

Barcelona terrorist attack

Very sad 13 dead and many injured ,and another attack outside Barcelona with 5 Terrorist killed,Hope there will be an end to it soon. but with so many people hating the rest of the world, not much chance ,but I live in hope...Davybe

The captain of Britannia after leaving port sailed close to the coast so passengers could use their mobiles to phone home. A great gesture I thought. The phone networks in Barcelona must have been at breaking point assuming the authorities had not closed them down as they have done in other similar situations.

Edited by Oldworldtraveller

Good piece of forward thinking by the Captain and as you say OWT a great gesture to allay concerns from home. As you have said Davybe it would be great to see and end to this but while we have people who are prepared to poison the minds of others with misguided ideals then it is probably something that will not go away for a long time.

3 hours ago, Davybe said:

Very sad 13 dead and many injured ,and another attack outside Barcelona with 5 Terrorist killed,Hope there will be an end to it soon. but with so many people hating the rest of the world, not much chance ,but I live in hope...Davybe

As you say Davybe, 'Hope there will be an end to it soon', however, I can't see it.. It seems every time the Western World step in and rid a country of its dictator they are replaced with something far worse. Perhaps we should start minding our own business and concentrate on putting our own house in order. What was it Nostradamus said in his 'Centuries'  A threat from the East that will cause the apocalypse. Food for thought. 

56 minutes ago, iknowlescourier said:

There will never be an end to it. Middle Easterners favourite pastimes seem to be hatred and death to each other.

That is a very broad and incorrect statement to make to say "middle easterners" and tarring them all with the same brush there are good and bad in all parts of the world and I am sure there are plenty of peaceful respectable "middle easterners"

1 minute ago, sinbad10 said:

That is a very broad and incorrect statement to make to say "middle easterners" and tarring them all with the same brush there are good and bad in all parts of the world and I am sure there are plenty of peaceful respectable "middle easterners"

Hi Sinbad.

You literally took the words out of my mouth as I was about to write pretty much the same thing.

Good job we don't all think like that, whatever sort of world would we live in if we did.

HLM.