Anchors-aweigh

Roll Call/ Meeting Up

Personally not that interested in meeting up with people unless I really thought we would get on together?

Big thing with the Yank's they seem to love this grouping up ,no idea what the reason is though.

They end up in each others company all through the cruise ,not what I want....Davybe

We have shared some excellent and inexpensive private tours arranged through the CC roll calls.  Our involvement with others has not gone beyond the tours, nor has this been expected.  The only exception was when we met a couple with whom we had a lot in common.  They live about 100km from us so we have kept in touch and meet occasionally for lunch at a midway point.  

Sheila

We have done this a couple of times via CC roll calls Sheila and it works very well or has for us, as you say it doesn't have to go beyond the tour but nice if you do meet someone you have a lot in common with, I was very apprehensive the first time we shared but then thought it is no different to any other tour just fewer people and what's the worst that can happen .. you don't get on !! fortunately the people we have teamed up with were all charming but at the end of the day if they weren't all we have to do is share transport with them.  

It is a common thing among American cruisers and we joined somebody who had booked a taxi for 8 to Bruges on a Princess cruise roll call 2yrs ago and was very enjoyable and very reasonable cost and has a lot of advantages.

On 8/20/2017 at 4:26 PM, sinbad10 said:

It is a common thing among American cruisers and we joined somebody who had booked a taxi for 8 to Bruges on a Princess cruise roll call 2yrs ago and was very enjoyable and very reasonable cost and has a lot of advantages.

I arranged a taxi for 8 on a princess cruise roll call 2 years ago (Baltic cruise) There were a few taxi's booked on our roll call and plenty of takers for the cost of twenty five euros per couple for a return trip. Still friends with 2 of the couples we shared the taxi with, great way to make friends.