MikeLowry

How much did you pay???!!

Is there anything more frustrating than being asked this question on holiday? Just leave it alone! I don’t get why people need to ask this question, in fact I think it’s rude to do so.

What do people get from asking this? If you’ve paid less than I have I’m going to feel a bit hard done by, if it’s the other way around, you’re going to feel hard done by, so let’s just agree to be happy that we’re on board and just enjoy ourselves! We were happy with the price when we booked it otherwise we wouldn’t have booked it would we?

The question should be outlawed and passengers should be fined if they're caught asking it, or better yet, thrown off at the next port. That would make me much happier.

I have said this before, some people make a sport of telling anybody who will listen that booked a week ago and got the cruise very cheap, they got lots of on board credit, and a upgrade, sorry they are telling fibs, so play them at there own game, or laugh, and say No Way.

not worth getting upset about it, never tell others what you paid, or how much on board credit you have, it plays into there game.

I have seen this happen to first time cruisers,  it has started when you could get a last minute bargin, those days have gone.

My standard reply to this topic is "no more than I can afford, otherwise I wouldn't be here".

My late husband was always interested in what other people paid for anything. I would wish for the floor to open, and he always came away angry because he always found someone who had paid less for whatever the product was.

Edited by HthrEdmndsn

I have been asked ,we were eating our  diner where this couple brought up how much they had paid, we had new cruisers on the table ,they had the last laugh as when asked they replied,"no Idea our son bought it as a present" .this couple resisted with the rest of us being determined to beat us all on price.

Worst we saw was on a plane going to Florida this woman walked the length of the plane asking how much did you pay.she got plenty of abuse but did not let it deter her,Just wonder what they do about it if they find someone  who got it for less...Davybe  

Why do people only do it on cruises as I have never been asked or know of people being asked on normal package holidays.  Ive been asked what job I do I just saying either Inland Revenue or tax inspector they soon shut up

Bet it was P&O.  On our last cruises with them (never, ever again - they were. definitely the last), we did back to back over the Christmas period.  On the first cruise there were groups of people at the top of the stairs in the Piano Bar, asking folk did they get a good bargain as they were coming up the stairs on the first day - unbelievable.   All most of them appeared to do was hog the tables all day in the buffet - never moving from morning til night and boozing in their cabins if the empty bottles littering the corridors was anything to go by.   Sort of people I don't want to holiday with ever again thank you - and yes we paid the brochure price - which was a good price in our opinion.

I was once asked, but I said I did not know as it was a birthday gift.  The questioner said. "Lucky you. You must have some rich friends or relations". I then walked away.

Edited by Wurzel55