Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

loveholidays53

Ravenna & Civitavecchia

4 posts in this topic

We are calling at Ravenna and Civitavecchia and thought that it might be quite nice to go into the town of both places. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle bus to take us there or is it not too far to walk.

We have been to these places before and don't want to do a shore excursions- all help would be helpful

Thank you in anticipation of replies from fellow cruisers.

48 minutes ago, loveholidays53 said:

We are calling at Ravenna and Civitavecchia and thought that it might be quite nice to go into the town of both places. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle bus to take us there or is it not too far to walk.

We have been to these places before and don't want to do a shore excursions- all help would be helpful

Thank you in anticipation of replies from fellow cruisers.

We went to Civitavecchia in June and there were shuttle buses into town. They seemed to stop at 2 points, just outside the port entrance and then in town. If you tried to catch it back to the ship from just outside the port they can be full. I cannot comment on Ravenna.

Civitavecchia is one of my favourite ports, as has been said, the shuttle bus stops at the port entrance and a new shuttle bus station, then it is a short walk into the town you pass lots of places you can get a drink, they had a big market, which is fun, a waterfront with a small beach, and a brand new lido, lovely pool, you can a good lunch, and a comfortable place to sit.

dont know your other port, enjoy

Hi  I have been to both ports of call.  I didn't explore Civittavecchia as I went on to Rome.  In Ravenna the ship was moored quite a long  distance form the town, a free shuttle bus was provided by the cruise line (others may make a charge for this service).  The town itself was    of interest.  The churches and museums had a large of collection of mosaics which may of interest to some ( a combined ticket can be purchased to visit these),  There are plenty of                   cafes and it is nice just to wander along the older areas of the town taking in the ambience.

Edited by Land Ahoy