Davybe

Jane Mcdonald goes cruising @

I appreciate that everyone likes something different and mean this on no way as criticism.  That said however, the MSC Meriviglia that was featured on this week's programme is my idea of a nightmare at sea! One man's meat....

Edited by afcandrew

10 hours ago, JH327 said:

Did anyone watch Friday's? I must admit I was very impressed with the MSC Ship! I  wasn't expecting it to be stunning with so much to do! Don't really know what i was expecting!

Yes it did look good, I quite liked the roller coaster simulator,  this seems something that P&O could include on the new ship without too much effort, and hidden down below it would not offend those who cringe at the water slides.

Whilst some of the interiors looked very nice, I am afraid that any ship with a shopping mall in the middle is a step too far for my taste.  She is about 13,000 tonnes smaller than the new P&O build and can take a maximum of 5,700 pax.  Definitely not for me thank you.

12 hours ago, towny44 said:

Yes it did look good, I quite liked the roller coaster simulator,  this seems something that P&O could include on the new ship without too much effort, and hidden down below it would not offend those who cringe at the water slides.

Amazing what they can get inside these ship's ,resort ships is the right title for them they may even become the destination ,for some rather than the ports.

I did Navigator and enjoyed it but it was a bit big for us ,plenty to see and do ,but prefer something a bit quieter ,but did enjoy the Ice show and the theatre production's ...Davybe

I enjoyed watching this over the weekend. I know the ship will not be to everyone's taste but it was impressive non the less. The exterior design looks really smart and some of the features they have on board are really clever, especially for attracting "new to cruise" passengers. I thought younger and elder generations were catered for equally well.

The destinations didn't look too shabby either. I've never been to Portofino but it's certainly on my list and even more so after seeing this. 

The ship looked like there was plenty to do and even though they made reference to 5000+ plus people onboard it didnt look like a constant rugby scrum. For families it looks amazing with the entertainment area.

Like you already commented Rosey -Roo, we can do without the singing at the end!!

The MSC ship looked like a floating city to me. No it's not to my taste at all. I'm finding Jane McDonald amusing myself. When she came out of the ABBA experience dressed in all the ABBA wear with loads of shopping bags and said "What"!!! I thought it was very funny. At least when she visited Capri she didn't sing 'The biggest Aspidistra in the world';)

11 hours ago, Davybe said:

Amazing what they can get inside these ship's ,resort ships is the right title for them they may even become the destination ,for some rather than the ports.

I did Navigator and enjoyed it but it was a bit big for us ,plenty to see and do ,but prefer something a bit quieter ,but did enjoy the Ice show and the theatre production's ...Davybe

We are on Navigator in 2 weeks, glad you enjoyed it, do you have any other tips or comments that might help us?

The best advice I could give you Towny44 is to make sure you have done all your check in and pre cruise information online as this really does speed up the embarkation process, also if you were thinking of trying the alternative dining venues book these before you go to avoid disappointment. Enjoy your cruise

On 12/09/2017 at 10:56 PM, towny44 said:

We are on Navigator in 2 weeks, glad you enjoyed it, do you have any other tips or comments that might help us?

No real tip's as it was a few years ago we sailed on her, ,just check if you need to book any of the shows ? ...Davybe

Well last night's River Cruise was a bit disappointing for my money, And the prices she gave would not attract me to try one.

The boat looked nice enough and the scenery very nice but overall nothing there to make me book....Davybe

I think the boat and itinerary would probably be lovely.  Unfortunately, although I have enjoyed most of these programmes, I thought last night's was pretty dreadful.  There was very little about the cruise itself and it was more like 'The Jane Mcdonald Show'.  I generally like Jane but she seemed to do nothing but scream, shout and try to use her dodgy knowledge of French.  I almost turned off during the section where she was having a picnic on the river bank.

I wouldn't have thought that there was much more to see of the boat itself as we saw the the cabins, the atrium, the bars etc. I enjoy Janes take on the ports as she makes everything look fun & doesn't push the ship's tours but shows what you can do by yourself.  To me it's a fun look at cruising rather than a serious travelogue & I really like Janes singing at the end.

I just love all Jane McDonald's shows and I can't wait for the next one she comes over so friendly 

I've done a lot of cruises all ships but never done a river cruise and I must say Jane has made me think about going on one .

and I love it when she sings at the end .

Because Jane was a singer on the cruise ships she is an ideal person to do this show. She is down to earth and a natural and shows the ships and the port stops with genuine interest. I disagree about the singing as I think she has a nice voice and think her song at the end finishes the show. But everyone to their own.

She is a bit like Marmite either you like her or dislike her. Everybody has their own views like every singer and I am sure there are those out there would think my favourite choice is not theirs. It is a funny old world and good job we all have different tastes for me I will watch future programmes involving ocean cruises and just ignore her and turn off at the end before she sings. 

I like her bubbly personality and the way she presents the show  I also like her voice, however I don't see the need for her to sing at the end of every show, it's all a bit to "cheesy"for me, if she really has to sing perhaps the compromise is to let her have a guest spot now and again in the theatre whilst onboard, 

HLM.