Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Air Rage?

Watched an interesting program last night about the rising amount of air rage /drunken behaviour on flights.

Worth watching on catch up ITV Fight or Flight on the Tonight program.Big increases of passenger's causing problems after to much drink.

Some caused by to many body's packed in to a small space ,but most by drunken rage.

We had an experience of this on a P&O flight to the Caribbean a few years ago, we had upgraded to Premium and found that then they supplied unlimited drinks ,One Couple getting regular miniature bottles and sticking some in her large hand bag? 

As the flight progressed this woman jumped up and started berating the man behind her for using the touch screen TV ,his pressing the screen a bit hard was keeping her awake,She was not polite just really got stuck into him.His response was do not talk to me like that ,she got even more belligerent  and foul mouthed, He eventually lost it and threatened to deck her ,saying I am not your husband so button it or else.

By this time the stewards were getting ready to part them they took the woman to the front of the plane to calm down.(In Tears)

We later saw the same woman on the ship finger wagging and desk thumping  she just seemed to love having a row.

Have you been on a flight that had any problems......Davybe

I had an unpleasant flight out to Malaga earlier this year.  It was a Friday and there was a hen party on board.  Incredibly noisy and foul-mouthed behaviour.  I have vowed never to go out on a Friday again.

This is one of the reasons I hope that P&O do not introduce an all-inclusive drinks package.  Whilst most people are responsible, I am afraid the drinking culture in the UK leaves it wide open for these sorts of incidents to happen.

51 minutes ago, afcandrew said:

I had an unpleasant flight out to Malaga earlier this year.  It was a Friday and there was a hen party on board.  Incredibly noisy and foul-mouthed behaviour.  I have vowed never to go out on a Friday again.

This is one of the reasons I hope that P&O do not introduce an all-inclusive drinks package.  Whilst most people are responsible, I am afraid the drinking culture in the UK leaves it wide open for these sorts of incidents to happen.

In fairness we have sailed on Celebrity who have for a while given drinks packages with the booking, and we have seen very little bad behaviour ,Last year a couple had been locked in there room, after kicking off in a bar late at night, they went before the Captain but were allowed to stay on the ship.

Some ships seem to attract the drunks no matter how expensive the drinks are...Davybe

51 minutes ago, afcandrew said:

I am glad you said the drinking culture in the UK afcandrew as I have never seen seen alcohol influenced behaviour on any non UK based cruise line with or without 'All Inclusive'. 

1 minute ago, Davybe said:

In fairness we have sailed on Celebrity who have for a while given drinks packages with the booking, and we have seen very little bad behaviour ,Last year a couple had been locked in there room, after kicking off in a bar late at night, they went before the Captain but were allowed to stay on the ship.

Some ships seem to attract the drunks no matter how expensive the drinks are...Davybe

Was the ship UK based at the time Davybe. If it was then perhaps there is room for a discussion topic on stopping 'All Inclusive' on ships sailing from the UK.

Edited by Oldworldtraveller

3 minutes ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Was the ship UK based at the time Davybe. If it was then perhaps there is room for a discussion topic on stopping 'All Inclusive' on ships sailing from the UK.

It was from the UK .Eclipse which had a very international  passengers mix ,even sailing from the Uk.No Idea what nationality the couple were ,Did see two yanks having a row in a bar over a golf match.Drinking is not just a UK problem...Davybe

4 minutes ago, Davybe said:

It was from the UK .Eclipse which had a very international  passengers mix ,even sailing from the Uk.No Idea what nationality the couple were ,Did see two yanks having a row in a bar over a golf match.Drinking is not just a UK problem...Davybe

You are correct that it is not solely a UK problem but sadly I do think it is more prevalent here.  I have only sailed with Celebrity once, many years ago, and at that time it was probably at the upper end of Mass Cruising - is it still the same?  If so, it probably attracts a slightly different passenger demographic.

5 hours ago, Davybe said:

You are correct, it is not just a UK problem but I was answering in response to the remark of afcandrew :

"This is one of the reasons I hope that P&O do not introduce an all-inclusive drinks package.  Whilst most people are responsible, I am afraid the drinking culture in the UK leaves it wide open for these sorts of incidents to happen."

22 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

I am glad you said the drinking culture in the UK afcandrew as I have never seen seen alcohol influenced behaviour on any non UK based cruise line with or without 'All Inclusive'. 

To clarify this comment perhaps I should have said "I have never seen seen alcohol influenced behaviour on any cruise line with or without 'All Inclusive' on any sailing that has departed from outside the UK". 

It does appear that most comments on this subject appear to refer to UK sailings.