Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitch

roundtrip transatlantic

4 posts in this topic

hi all,

a cruise i have always fancied for some reason is the sothampton to new york and back. any advice appreciated. my main concern i suppose is weather, are you stuck indoors all the time? bit difficult to find weather info for the atlantic lol. it may suit me at the moment as i have knee problems so even on another cruise i probably wouldnt be going ashore unless i was having a particularly good day. i was looking at 2 crossings as early as oct or nov. do they have seasons in the atlantic? given the recent hurricanes i am a bit wary but they look too far south to affect the route to/from new york.

Not sure I would want to do a QM2 north atlantic roundtrip, but we have done a Caribbean roundtrip and have 2 more booked with P&O, and I can advise that apart from the first and last 2 or 3 days the weather can be warm and sunny even in mid winter.

thanks towny,i am going that route too i think for now.going into bolsover this afternoon to see if i can get the 7th oct roundtrip carribean.

its got quite a few sea days so i will see how i go and maybe go n atlantic in the summer.

We have done it once, got one booked and looking at another for 2019 fantastic and proper cruising in a beautiful liner.