Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nimrod

Niagara Falls to NY & Translantic on QM 2 Help Please

5 posts in this topic

Have just booked with Bolsover the Niagra Falls, Amtrak Train to New York and Translantic crossing on QM 2,  November 7 to 19 th and would love any  feedback from anyone who has done/ is doing this type of trip. Have inclusive helicopter trip over falls but nothing else organised.  Have no knowledge at all of what to expect on the Amtrak train ( we should have been Buisness Class, but were told that was sold out so are Standard!) so any tips would be appreciated. Have been to New York on Queen Victoria but only for a day and just managed to get to Ground Zero, have two days this time so some " must sees" would be appreciated. Also as we shall need our "Posh Frocks &  DJ's" on Queen Mary does anyone know if we can send a suitcase with these in ahead to the ship ( think Cunard has something, but not sure if it is reliable or we can even afford it??)  Even tips on what the weather might be like would be  gratefully received. Thank you.

my brother-in-law and his wife did an amtrack trip accross the rockies,niagra and some of canada, all i can say is they loved it. said the train and staff were wonderful.

there is a bag courier who i saw on the p&0 website i think they do the other lines too, its £35 each bag each way. i am considering using them if i get to book far enough in advance i think they want 2 weeks notice they pick up your bag a couple of days before and its delivered to your cabin.

It will probably be quite cold in Niagara Falls in November.  Are you flying into Toronto?  If so, I hope you have time to see this very interesting city.  I'm prejudiced because I live there.  Niagara Falls Canada is much more picturesque than the US side.  I'm not sure if the Maid of the Mist will be running then, but it is well worth doing.  Niagara on the Lake is a very pretty small town and there are wineries all around there.  

Sheila

Thank you mitch and smtcan for your help. We will be flying into Toronto at about  9pm your time and am not sure if we will just be picked up from the airport and taken directly to our Hotel at Niagara?  I would love to see Toronto as my late cousin lived there and in Ontario and the whole trip is a bit of a pilgrimage too. My husband loves ice hockey and would have liked to see a match ( Toronto Maple Leafs I think) but have no idea if this would be possible considering time and distance? Glad to hear Amtrak train staff are helpful as we are 70ish  and although our son is coming with us to help, we are a little "doddery"!!! 

JH327 likes this

It is about 90 minutes by car from Pearson Airport in (actually near) Toronto, so it will be late when you reach your hotel.  The Falls are the only real attraction in Niagara Falls itself.  The rest of it is pretty tacky, think Ripley's Believe it or Not and Tussaud's Waxworks.  There are illuminations around Christmas, I'm not sure how early they start.  We have taken each of our grandchildren for an overnight trip to see the lights.  We were having dinner with our grandaughter and she said 'Niagara Falls is like a funfair that people live in'.  I think that was a good description!  The Falls are spectacular though.

I just checked the Festival of Lights and it doesn't start until Nov 18 this year.  If I can be of any further help, just ask.  BTW we are in our mid seventies, but pretty active.