Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bolsover Cruise Club

Have You Considered A Transatlantic Cruise With Cunard?

6 posts in this topic

Have you ever thought about trying a Transatlantic cruise with Cunard aboard the award-winning Queen Mary 2?

If you've always been tempted, but a little unsure of what to expect, have a read of our latest Cruise Blog: "Crossing Oceans" where Bolsover Cruise Club's Senior Sales Consultant Mandy Maddison takes you through a day-by-day of her time on board.

To read Mandy's blog, just click the link below: 

Crossing Oceans Cruise Blog by Mandy Maddison

My first cruise was a TA on QE2 in 1997 and did a roundtrip on QM2 in 2015 and got another roundtrip booked in 2018 and considering booking another roundtrip for 2019.

sinbad,whats the weather like on the transatlantic ive always fancied a round trip, esp as now i cant fly for probably the next 2 years and i am shortly going to receive a few pennies so it will be possible. ive been looking at either oct/nov this year or may/june next. does the atlantic have seasons?

It's one of those itineraries that I've looked at a few times in the past and wondered if I'd enjoy it. I quite like a port-intensive itinerary though so I'm not sure how i'd feel being on board for so many consecutive sea days. It seems as though the person who wrote the blog had a very nice time. I'm not sure that cruise would be ideal for families though as keeping children entertained maybe a little more challenging. 

4 hours ago, mitch said:

sinbad,whats the weather like on the transatlantic ive always fancied a round trip, esp as now i cant fly for probably the next 2 years and i am shortly going to receive a few pennies so it will be possible. ive been looking at either oct/nov this year or may/june next. does the atlantic have seasons?

We went in Oct 2105 and booked again for Oct next year and looking at Nov 2019 and whilst it is not lying on a sunbed on deck weather and didnt suffer much but QM2 is designed as a transatlantic liner and handles it very well. There is plenty to do onboard even if weather is bad and interesting speakers and we were never bored at all and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edited by sinbad10