Sign in to follow this  
rachel

Britannia 16/7/17

My initial impression was excellent, Britannia is a spectacular ship and it exceeded my expectations. The atrium area is beautiful and I loved the starburst feature.

I specifically chose an aft facing balcony due to the number of complaints that i hear about them but I can 100% say it was the best cabin that we have sailed in and the soot didn’t affect us in any way, we would definatley book one again and I can confidently recommend these to anyone looking at booking one. The cabin was laid out very well with lots of storage, I particularly like the glass panel rather than a curtain in the shower. Our cabin steward was excellent, he came and introduced himself when we arrived and couldn’t do enough for us throughout our cruise, he washed our baclony down every day at 12.15 just in case there was any soot on the balcony!

The staff and food  in the main dinning room is the best we have ever had on a P+O ship, I read reviews all the time about how the food has gone down hill and the service wasn’t good but everything that we experienced was very good. We dinned in the main dinning room most evenings and they catered very well for my fussy daughter, they were happy to amend the menu and bring her different things if there was nothing that she liked, nothing was to much trouble.

The public areas are beautiful on Britannia, as you walk round it is like walking round a 5 star hotel rather than a cruise ship, the décor is very modern which we really liked and everything was perfectly clean. I really liked the look of the midhsip pool areas, there were lots of sun beds around. We used the grab and go stations and the pizzareia.

I had heard from various differnet people about the ques at the mid ship lifts, on embarkation we were advised to head down to the aft lifts rather than wait for the mid ship lifts, throughout our cruise this is what we did  as there generally was a que at the mid ship lift area.

We dinned at the beach house and SIndhu which were both very good, the service in the beach house was very welcoming and friendly - i think this is a good area for familys as it is a little more relaxed than the main dinning room but you are still served rather than self service in the buffet.

Our favourite place on board was the crows nest, we loved sitting in here and sampling the gin flights that they offer - i really liked this as it was something a little quirkcy - my husband like the craft ale flights in brodies too.

The ship has some very nice areas and others not that good but as it is already built and in service nothing is going to alter.

Theatre seating not very good ,Balconies a bit small. Food OK Crows nest great, Epicurean very nice and not that expensive, plenty of seating on outside decks, and plenty of space and tables for two in the restaurants  , I liked her but wife not that keen...Davybe