Sign in to follow this  
clare

Oriana

I was on a couple of months ago and Oriana is still one of my favourite ships. She is in very good condition considering her age.

The refit was all about soft furnishings and I can hardly remember much about what has changed. In general everything looks fresher and newer. Let me think: the fake waterfall in the Atrium is now a living wall, Anderson's seating has changed, the restaurants look slightly different, the cafeteria has been changed around a bit (didn't go in there much). That's it really!

Sindhu and the evening grill (can't remember the name) were excellent. The extensive gin menu is great for me. just a really nice ship. I remembered some of the crew from previous cruises and they half remembered me, so it felt very comfortable from the get go.

Enjoy your cruise.

RayO

1 hour ago, RayO said:

I was on a couple of months ago and Oriana is still one of my favourite ships. She is in very good condition considering her age.

The refit was all about soft furnishings and I can hardly remember much about what has changed. In general everything looks fresher and newer. Let me think: the fake waterfall in the Atrium is now a living wall, Anderson's seating has changed, the restaurants look slightly different, the cafeteria has been changed around a bit (didn't go in there much). That's it really!

Sindhu and the evening grill (can't remember the name) were excellent. The extensive gin menu is great for me. just a really nice ship. I remembered some of the crew from previous cruises and they half remembered me, so it felt very comfortable from the get go.

Enjoy your cruise.

RayO

Have they refurbished the cinema?

I did not go into the cinema so don't know if it was refurbished, don't think it was.

Having done two cruises this year, Ventura 17 nights and Oriana 7 nights, I have tried almost all of the gins except the novelty ones, e.g. chocolate, elderflower. Anderson's was a very pleasant gin, not too flowery with a bit of spice. My favourites were The Botanist and Silent Pool, but a number of times I stuck to Bombay or Tanqueray as not all of the gins were available in all of the bars. After trying Fever Tree I have decided that I am a Schweppes Slimline man. Fever Tree is really being pushed but just tastes like flavoured soda water to me.

My daughter and I did the Martini tasting on Ventura which started at midday: a great way to start the day. Hic!

RayO