Tom Cruise

P&O Cruises have sold Adonia!

12 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Not really surprised by this. Azura for adult only?

More likely to be Aurora, due to it's age, size and general old fashioned feel, it does not appeal to families anyway.

Just got off Adonia this morning. It was very sad when the captain announced the sale of the ship to the passengers and crew. The crew have taken it very well,  it seems that those with contracts beyond March are to be transferred to Britannia or Azura as they will be in the Caribbean at the time. 

On 9/26/2017 at 1:37 PM, cruise chef said:

It does make you wonder if Azamara can make it pay and see it as a viable concern why P&O couldnt!!

Indeed cruise chef, I think an opportunity missed by P&O .. Adonia could have become their first AI ship which could have gone  to ports other ships can't .. shame Carnival didn't have the foresight to have seen it :blink:

Edited by *Dancing Queen*

2 hours ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

Indeed cruise chef, I think an opportunity missed by P&O .. Adonia could have become their first AI ship which could have gone  to ports other ships can't .. shame Carnival didn't have the foresight to have seen it :blink:

I do not think the majority of cruisers that use Adonia would be prepared to pay the price that Azamara will be charging

Just got off Adonia today after a really good 15 day Med cruise. Good weather, great food (agreed by everyone), great decor and lovely happy smiling crew. Given that this is a cracking little cruise ship and was crammed full of Ligurian and Baltic tier P&O cruisers, i.e. long service P&O customers, who were all there because they know what they want and really enjoy this vessel, everyone on board was gutted to hear the news of the sale when it was announced and I can't help thinking that P&O has missed a trick here.

Others have said that P&O couldn't compete with Azamura and Oceania in the boutique category and this may  be so but I reckon if they had given it a shot they could have developed their own premium niche, at a level below the "all suite" cruisers like Oceana, Regent and Azamura but at a level above the rest of their fleet. I believe it would have been well supported by those that seek this slightly more elevated style of travel and would be prepared to pay extra for it and this view was echoed by many of those on board since the news was announced.

Bigger isn't always better and the vast majority of our fellow passengers on board Adonia today do not want the bigger ships but do want the quality that this little cruise ship already offers in abundance and could have been adapted to offer to an even greater degree if P&O had only the vision to have seen it.

36 minutes ago, sinbad10 said:

I do not think the majority of cruisers that use Adonia would be prepared to pay the price that Azamara will be charging

I wasn't suggesting P&O take Adonia to the same level as Azamara, what I'm saying is Adonia has a loyal following and is a well loved ship ( hearsay because it is not a ship I have been on ) there are still a lot of seasoned P&O cruisers who want a small intimate ship so I think you are wrong and a lot of people would pay the price for that, there was an opening for them to have an 'individual' all inclusive ship which was different to the rest of the fleet so imo it was an opportunity missed but it is just my opinion I'm not trying to convince anyone !!

On 9/26/2017 at 1:37 PM, cruise chef said:

It does make you wonder if Azamara can make it pay and see it as a viable concern why P&O couldnt!!

Indeed cruise chef, I think an opportunity missed by P&O .. Adonia could have become their first AI ship which could have gone  to ports other ships can't .. shame Carnival don't have the foresight to have seen that :blink:

2 hours ago, Occasional Cruiser said:

Just got off Adonia today after a really good 15 day Med cruise. Good weather, great food (agreed by everyone), great decor and lovely happy smiling crew. Given that this is a cracking little cruise ship and was crammed full of Ligurian and Baltic tier P&O cruisers, i.e. long service P&O customers, who were all there because they know what they want and really enjoy this vessel, everyone on board was gutted to hear the news of the sale when it was announced and I can't help thinking that P&O has missed a trick here.

Others have said that P&O couldn't compete with Azamura and Oceania in the boutique category and this may  be so but I reckon if they had given it a shot they could have developed their own premium niche, at a level below the "all suite" cruisers like Oceana, Regent and Azamura but at a level above the rest of their fleet. I believe it would have been well supported by those that seek this slightly more elevated style of travel and would be prepared to pay extra for it and this view was echoed by many of those on board since the news was announced.

Bigger isn't always better and the vast majority of our fellow passengers on board Adonia today do not want the bigger ships but do want the quality that this little cruise ship already offers in abundance and could have been adapted to offer to an even greater degree if P&O had only the vision to have seen it.

Oh my! ...How true this is!!

We had a five week cruise booked for next Feb, which will now be reduced to two weeks.... had also booked for same cruise in 2019 for five week cruise. We were so looking forward to these cruises after a “big mistake“ cruise on Britannia in the Caribbean last February.  Our aft cabin balcony was continually covered by soot from the funnel and the ambiance on board was zero! Everything, including entertainment, came at an additional cost. There were fights on board and people being put ashore for inappropriate behaviour. (Announced publicly by the Captain!) what is P and O coming to? !!

We are “Baltic” grade passengers......but not for long! 

So sad!

12 hours ago, theweedons said:

Oh my! ...How true this is!!

We had a five week cruise booked for next Feb, which will now be reduced to two weeks.... had also booked for same cruise in 2019 for five week cruise. We were so looking forward to these cruises after a “big mistake“ cruise on Britannia in the Caribbean last February.  Our aft cabin balcony was continually covered by soot from the funnel and the ambiance on board was zero! Everything, including entertainment, came at an additional cost. There were fights on board and people being put ashore for inappropriate behaviour. (Announced publicly by the Captain!) what is P and O coming to? !!

We are “Baltic” grade passengers......but not for long! 

So sad!

Headliner Theatre-free

Crystal Room-free

Live Lounge-free

The Studio-free

The Limelight Club-payable

Slight exaggeration at best total misrepresentation at worst but dont let the facts get in the way of a factually incorrect good moan.

Edited by sinbad10

We actually booked a cruise on Adonia whilst on board Arcadia last week and the staff there  did not even know!!!! 

Managed to change it but agree more adult only ships needed.

Come on P & O listen to your customers- Arcadia is always full.......