Sign in to follow this  
WAVES

Watch Key or Key Card?

Good Afternoon :)

I am looking at sailing with Royal Caribbean and have been reading about the key cards. Do you have to have a watch key for your cabin? Or can you opt to still have the classic key card?

Has anyone used the Watch Key?

I had the 'WOW' watch as standard issue on Anthem and Ovation but I believe now you have to buy them as an upgrade of the standard key card. You can as far as I know reuse the 'WOW' watch each time you cruise with RCI providing the ship is fitted with the technology to accept it. They are certainly more convenient and not so easily  mis-placed.

I dislike the idea intensely. It is like 1974 with Big Brother watching every move. We have 3 cruises booked on Princess next year and hope we can opt out. Apart from that a wrist band leaves white marks when sunbathing:)

6 minutes ago, Mcc said:

I dislike the idea intensely. It is like 1974 with Big Brother watching every move. We have 3 cruises booked on Princess next year and hope we can opt out. Apart from that a wrist band leaves white marks when sunbathing:)

They use the Key card much as supermarkets use the loyalty cards, they know all they need to know about your spending etc ,Thats from a good source of info...Davybe