TonyB2017

Independence of the Seas Dress Code

We are shortly going on Independence of the Seas and are starting to gather things ready for packing. I have read the dress codes for the ship, but wonder about what is acceptable wear for the evening dining restaurants. The advice on Royal Carib website seems rather ambiguous, stating "casual" wear, collared shirts, no shorts. I realize the more formal dining restaurants and gala nights would require long-sleeved shirts, suit/jacket, and tie ... but wondering what is meant by "collared shirts"? Does that mean any shirt with a collar, including long or short sleeved?

In truth R&C are rather lax about dress rules - which I quite like. On the formal nights you`ll see some in DJs and suits but just as many in jackets, shirts and tieless. Some you`ll even see in polo shirts.  Wear what you are comfortable in whether long sleeved or short - they are really saying no vests / t shirts for the standard nights but I`ve seen those pass too

i went on the ship a few years ago and it is causual most of the time and smart casual in the dinning rooms however on formal night you either got really casual or really over the top giltzy to be honest it seemed anything goes.