Sign in to follow this  
cruise chef

•What would everyone like to see on the next series of ‘Cruising with Jane McDonald’?

1 hour ago, eyes12 said:

oh I love the programme and i would like to see some more river cruises plus a  crystal ship.

I had a ship visit to Crystal Symphony in Dover recently - she was absolutely stunning and yet they are now doing a multi-million dollar refurbishment on her.  The standard cabins however, whilst lovely were compact.

I would like it to become more of a travel programme with more around the ship and perhaps the highlights of what to see in the ports.  There have been too many quirky things so far - like her visit to the cats living in some cellar in St Petersburg!

I'd like to see another good mixture of cruise lines covered. Not too fussed about Celebrity, RCI or P&O being featured as they're cruise lines I have sailed with regularly so I'd prefer some lesser mainstream lines. Crystal would be good as I've heard so many good things about them. I think Cunard would be a nice one to feature as I think there would be a lot of people interested to see what they're like on board. It would perhaps remove a few pre-conceived perceptions of Cunard too. Another cruise line that would make for good viewing I think would be StarClippers as it's something completely different. 

As for itineraries, I'd like to see French Polynesia covered, purely so I could live my life through Jane McDonald seeing as it's one of my dream destinations. Hawaii would be good though. Canada/New England would be interesting to see too.

For all those who have commented about wanting to see more of the ship, if you are lucky enough to have the QUEST channel on your TV then keep an eye out for the mighty ships when they feature cruise ships. This usually gives you a better feel for the ship as its is about the ship rather than the celebrity

5 hours ago, cruise chef said:

For all those who have commented about wanting to see more of the ship, if you are lucky enough to have the QUEST channel on your TV then keep an eye out for the mighty ships when they feature cruise ships. This usually gives you a better feel for the ship as its is about the ship rather than the celebrity

im sure i saw a new lot of mighty cruise ships being advertised on there the other day

16 hours ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

Think the new series starts on Tuesday.

Yes - 9 pm - Mighty Cruise Ships.  Not sure many of the "mighty" ones will appeal to me but it will be an interesting watch.  Thanks.

It could be called Mitch A Lynn star cruises I think it would have a Hugh following and the cruise lines  could show off good service, the moaners seeing and hearing themselves would shut up!,

bring it on