Sign in to follow this  
willow_12

To go or not to go?

There are so many fantastic cruise deals out now for the Caribbean. If i had holidays left at work, i would definitley take advantage of these. With the recent devastation of some of the Caribbean islands, i do feel one of the ways to be able to help them is still to bring tourism into the surrounding areas through cruising etc. Hopefully the islands will start to bounce back soon. Would you still visit the Caribbean so soon after the hurricanes?

Hi  I am booked on a Caribbean cruise this December and I have considered not going on the cruise.  I have been to this region on numerous occasions an if the itinerary is changed due to some of the ports being cancelled due to the extensive damage due the hurricanes reeking havoc in this region and replaced by others or extra sea days I am not concerned, my minor inconveniences are nothing compared to those living on these islands.

Edited by Land Ahoy

yes definitely. It wouldn't stop me from going . At least  the cruises are still going ahead and they have changed some of the itineraries to make sure passengers are still going to have a lovely holiday, its is just a shame for those islands that have been devastated. 

I cant believe anyone still not wanting to go, it looks like most of the cruise companies have adjusted their schedules to make allowances for not visiting some of the more affected places and these look like good choices. What more would people want 2 weeks sunshine, no pot washing or hoovering, different locations each day or stay at home looking outside your window at the rain lashing down thinking I need to go to the supermarket to get my weekly shop or do I stay in and do my housework.  I think that says it all!!!