Sign in to follow this  
Steve54

What to wear Christmas Day

We are due on Aurora over Christmas and I can't get any firm response from P&O as to whether Christmas Day requres formal wear. It's a sea day, so I'm expecting it, but I'd have thought that Christmas Day is one that should be more of a relaxed atmosphere.  I've seen mention elsewhere of passengers wearing Christmas Day T-shirts (something I've not heard of, though Christmas jumpers seem to be increasingly popular), which suggests informality.

Any advice from those who have been on P&O over Christmas would be welcome.

During the day it is the usual casual wear with Christmas T-Shirts and Jumpers a plenty  but formal at Dinner time is the norm the same for News Years Eve but you can change to informal after dinner for the deck party but not many do.

Have a great time

I would agree about the formal for dinner on Christmas Day.  Unfortunately I would also agree about the 'horror' of Christmas jumpers aplenty during the day.   Call me old-fashioned - well frankly call me what you like - but Christmas jumpers for me, fall into the same category as football shirts - November 5th is the best day for them ;)

Whatever you choose to wear, I hope you have a fantastic day.

37 minutes ago, Tinkerbell said:

Does anyone know if our cabin steward and waiters will expect a gift at Christmas i.e. Money inside a Christmas card?

We cruise at Christmas and I don't think it is ever 'expected' you will give a gift/money, we usually do but it is all down to personal choice so don't feel you are obliged to do so.

I have received an email from P and O today to ask me what time we want to eat on Christmas Day and New years eve. Both night will be formal. Our choice was 5.30 or 8pm.

hope this 8nformation is of some use to you.