Sign in to follow this  
cruise chef

Azamara Pursuit NEW FOR 2018

Just had a text to say that Azamara Pursuit has gone on sale, once it comes out from its refit from being the former ADONIA it will heading to Europe and even making an appearance in Southampton, fares are probably more expensive than P&O but as the ship will have a more inclusive experience this is hardly surprising. I would think it's worth a look for any former Adonia passengers who were looking for high standards without having to worry about the purse strings on top of the cruise fare. The journey that has really caught my eye is Christmas & New Year in South America - I'll just have to convince my better half its a great way to enjoy a break from the cold!

I wish you luck with your other half CC! Sounds like a nice itinerary and a lovely way to spend Christmas and New Year. 

I'm not surprised they've taken Adonia as it seems perfect for their style of cruising from what I've seen and read of it thus far. Not too sure about the name though :P

I agree, I think it's great that they've added Southampton itineraries in. I'm just surprised they've limited it to just two. I know Azamara are not regulars in Southampton but if they're perhaps looking to attract previous P&O Adonia fans, Southampton itineraries would surely be popular, especially for those who do not like to fly.

I know that they need to fit Adonia into their brand though and not fit their brand into Adonia so I suppose by adding two Southampton itineraries, it's a nice compromise to encourage previous Adonia lovers to give it a try.

Hi  I am not surprised that Azamara is not using Southampton as a "home" port the majority of passengers when I have been on this cruise line have come form North America and I understand that the attraction of many European ports (eg Venice, Athens, Barcelona) offer a lot much appeal to passengers than Southampton for a pre or post cruise experience.

Sounds interesting going from Southampton and back to Southampton would make me look at it, we now don't do fly cruises, that's not to say we don't fly, but the ease with lots of luggage is not to be sniffed at

Whilst it is undoubtedly a considerably more upmarket and all-inclusive experience than P&O, the prices are unlikely to attract many former Adonia pax I think.  The two week round-trip from Southampton to Iceland starts at almost £5,500 for an inside (although they are offering a free upgrade to balcony until 10/12).

My personal view for what its worth is that Azamara will not be looking for former Adonia passengers. Azamara have a large loyal following who like the all inclusiveness and luxurious feel of the product plus this sector of the market is fast growing by people who want that which the large middle of the road cruise lines can't offer. 

We "debarked" (as they call it) from our second cruise on Azamara Journey in Piraeus on Saturday (28th), having visited several Greek Islands and with 3 days in The Holy Land.  Another fabulous experience provided by a line which seems to pitch it exactly right for this size of ship.  Certainly as far as my wife and I are concerned.

Having cruised through the Kiel Canal on a Baltic Cruise on Adonia a few years ago (at a point where P&O were still worth considering), we are delighted that Azamara will be taking over the ship.  Of course, there was much excitement and quite a build up whilst on board to the announcement of the itineraries on the 24th.  Special presentations then followed and, if you really want to do the South America cruise over Christmas and New Year, Cruise Chef, or indeed at Carnival time (13 nights from 24 Feb2019), I think you will need to book very soon.  Interest on board was massive.

DavidH