Sign in to follow this  
Terry A

P & O Christmas Gift

A snow dome which was just what we wanted, I don’t think.  Even the grandchildren were not impressed.  Maybe just a sign of the times and that P&O are either in financial difficulties or just don’t think much of their customers. We have noticed the drop in standards on P&O and will be looking at other cruise lines carefully before I book another’s cruise.

1 hour ago, graphostar said:

WE both left ours in our cabin. What were they thinking? The weight alone was a good enough reason to leave them behind but they really were tacky. Couldn't they have given us a nice pen instead? 

Before P and O changed the loyalty gifts they were really quite nice from pens to compacts etc, now you get a poxy pair of really naff slippers and a pin which no one would want.

p and o is part of the same group as Cunard I wonder if their standards are falling at the same rate.

1 hour ago, Pesky Pirate said:

Before P and O changed the loyalty gifts they were really quite nice from pens to compacts etc, now you get a poxy pair of really naff slippers and a pin which no one would want.

p and o is part of the same group as Cunard I wonder if their standards are falling at the same rate.

With regards to loyalty gifts all you get from Cunard is an equally  quality pin that nobody wants and very few wear. You dont get no naff slippers or calendar at Christmas so be thankful at least P&O give you something and stop moaning.

17 minutes ago, sinbad10 said:

With regards to loyalty gifts all you get from Cunard is an equally  quality pin that nobody wants and very few wear. You dont get no naff slippers or calendar at Christmas so be thankful at least P&O give you something and stop moaning.

Oh I wouldn't say Cunard don't give you anything Sinbad, we've always had slippers in the cabin plus as Diamond members we get 8 hours internet time each ( value £167.50 pp ) a complimentary meal in the Veranda restaurant and a complimentary wine tasting, ok maybe these things won't appeal to all but it is slightly more than a 'pin' 

37 minutes ago, sinbad10 said:

It was just a comment to a previous post not a moan!

19 hours ago, graphostar said:

WE both left ours in our cabin. What were they thinking? The weight alone was a good enough reason to leave them behind but they really were tacky. Couldn't they have given us a nice pen instead? 

I would have settled for some decent food? worst Christmas dinner Ever? Best part was the Rum Truffle we got the rest was nothing special,I was told P&O are now buying in as much pre prepared food as they can,They should Try Buying from Tesco or M&S their meal deals beat most of the meals we had on Ventura....Davybe

20 hours ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

Oh I wouldn't say Cunard don't give you anything Sinbad, we've always had slippers in the cabin plus as Diamond members we get 8 hours internet time each ( value £167.50 pp ) a complimentary meal in the Veranda restaurant and a complimentary wine tasting, ok maybe these things won't appeal to all but it is slightly more than a 'pin' 

Whilst I agree but on P&O they get a loyalty lunch from Caribbean tier and above and up to 10% off onboard spend whether it be drinks, speciality dining and shop purchases which can add up to a considerable amount but they never mention that just moan about "naff" slippers. The main diffrence is P&O ships are full of whingers and moaners and I am sorry but I dont go on a cruise to listen to them if they dont like slippers put them in cabin bin its no great problem you still get a lot more from P&O than you get from other cruise lines even now without moaning about what we used to get in the good old days and before Carnival took over its boring.