Bumble Bee

Aurora to become adult only.

2 hours ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

Is Oriana due extensive mechanical refurbishment ?? it has only recently been in dry dock.

No it is not due extensive mechanical refurbishment it has only recently been and had unscheduled work done in January.

2 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Could it be that Oriana is on her way to going to a new company!!

Cannot imagine anyone buying Oriana with its continuos mechanical issues and the vibration problem that has been there since she was built in 1995. Unless very cheap I should imagine it going for scrap.

Edited by sinbad10

On 2/23/2018 at 3:53 PM, Oldworldtraveller said:

Appreciate that Ahoy, I just wondered if another of the 'Adult Only' might be going bearing in mind Adonia was only back for a matter of months and neither Oriana or Arcadia usually sail with a full compliment. I have just checked all cruises for Oriana and Arcadia in March, April, May and June and there is availability in all cabin grades so why would they want to make another of their ships 'Adult Only'. Of course, only my personal opinion.

Not disputing your findings OWT but I suspect you will find the same with all ships in the fleet.  It is my feeling - based on all the e-mail shots and mail-outs I get - that there are far more cheap deals on the larger ships than the smaller ones, suggesting that Oriana sells pretty well.

On 2/27/2018 at 7:43 PM, sinbad10 said:

No it is not due extensive mechanical refurbishment it has only recently been and had unscheduled work done in January.

I have seen a post on another forum made by someone who is normally pretty accurate on P&O issues that Oriana in fact does still need some very major mechanical maintenance work.

On Aurora in April 2019,  just after the change to adult only.  Doesn't bother me if it's adults only or not, as we cruise outside school holidays so it tends to mainly be adults on board anyway.  I shall be interested to find out what the kid's club space will be used for.  My guess is a speciality restaurant,  such as the Epicurean.