Sign in to follow this  
sinbad10

Signing-in

I am having problems again every time I log onto site I have to sign-in with my username and password its becoming tedious anyone know whats wrong. I havent done anything to my PC i.e. cleared cache or disk clean up.

I have done all that in the past with no effect. When it happened in the past it was a problem at Bolsover's end but last time they said it wasnt and it has started to happen again these last few days.

On 04/03/2018 at 1:21 PM, sinbad10 said:

I am having problems again every time I log onto site I have to sign-in with my username and password its becoming tedious anyone know whats wrong. I havent done anything to my PC i.e. cleared cache or disk clean up.

Hello Sinbad,

Could you let us know what device and browser you are using. Many thanks.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

19 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

Using a laptop with Google Chrome on Windows 10

Good afternoon Sinbad,

Are you using Google Chrome in incognito mode?

Also, it might be worth resetting your Google Chrome settings.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

1 hour ago, Forum Admin said:

Good afternoon Sinbad,

Are you using Google Chrome in incognito mode?

Also, it might be worth resetting your Google Chrome settings.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

No I am not using Chrome in incognito mode and never have done.

On 4 March 2018 at 1:21 PM, sinbad10 said:

17 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

No I am not using Chrome in incognito mode and never have done.

Hi Sinbad,

We have tried this on multiple machines now, both Mac and PC, and unfortunately we cannot replicate the issue.

Apart from the obvious…

Screen shot 2018-03-07 at 09.28.31.png

Screen shot 2018-03-07 at 09.29.01.png

Please check that you are signed into Chrome with the account that you used to save the password.

Screen shot 2018-03-07 at 09.40.26.png

In Chrome's settings make sure that you have both "Enable Autofill to fill out web forms in a single click" and "Offer to save passwords I enter on the web" are checked. These are under Passwords and Forms and you'll need to click the link to show advanced settings.

Screen shot 2018-03-07 at 09.40.55.png

As we said previously you could try 'Reset Settings' to restore the settings to the original defaults (there is a button on the bottom of the Settings page, in the advanced section).

Screen shot 2018-03-07 at 09.39.00.png

If this doesn't work, you could try re-installing Chrome or using a different browser.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

11 hours ago, TrentAnn said:

I'm using an i.pad and have to sign in with my user name and password. Remember me box is ticked. 

Hi TrentAnn,

Are you using Safari in private mode or do you have cookies disabled?

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

All that you have suggested has been done and has been for as long as I have been a member of this forum and it is not the first time I have had this issue and guess what just come on to the forum and once again it asked me to sign in username and password. Sorry but to say it but if it keeps happen I will stick with CruiseCritic.

Is it me or have people's avatars changed? 

Sinbad's is just a capital S with a blue background, Trentann's a capital T with a teal background.

On other threads just the same capital letters instead of their usual avatars, mine looks ok to me though unless you all can see different.

Am I missing something?

PS; Just to add like Sinbad I had to sign in today for the first time since joining??

HLM.

Edited by HLM

I hadnt noticed my Avatar has changed and I havent done it. I am also getting blue thick lines across the pages over middle of messages with quote button in it. Something seems to be seriously adrift with the forum.

Edited by sinbad10

Just signed in and then left the site, came back with no problems (As Yet) ....Davybe

And My avatar is still the same??

Edited by Davybe

15 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

All that you have suggested has been done and has been for as long as I have been a member of this forum and it is not the first time I have had this issue and guess what just come on to the forum and once again it asked me to sign in username and password. Sorry but to say it but if it keeps happen I will stick with CruiseCritic.

Hi Sinbad,

We are really sorry that you are having this issue.

We have tried to replicate the issue but everything seems to be working as it should be. We have spent some time researching what the issue might be and provided screenshots to help.

Unfortunately there isn't much more we can do without actually looking at your computer.

Have you tried this on another browser?

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

It seems that I am not the only one having problems having read the posts earlier. I have not had any issues recently with this forum before these current issues and dont have any issues with any other site so not changing browser just for this forum. You have not explained why all the avatars have changed or why a blue line across messages with the quote tab in. This is not only me others have the same problem with blue line and avatars changing so must be a problem with the forum and not just my end.

2 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

It seems that I am not the only one having problems having read the posts earlier. I have not had any issues recently with this forum before these current issues and dont have any issues with any other site so not changing browser just for this forum. You have not explained why all the avatars have changed or why a blue line across messages with the quote tab in. This is not only me others have the same problem with blue line and avatars changing so must be a problem with the forum and not just my end.

Hi Sinbad,

We upgraded the forum 3 days after you raised the issue regarding signing in to your account, therefore it is unlikely that the two are connected.

We aren't asking you to change browsers to use this forum, we are just curious to know if you are experiencing the same issues in other browsers.

It is possible that all members will have had to sign in again following the upgrade. Apart from that we can't see that any other members are having the same issue, where they have to sign in on every visit.

We have explained in another post why the empty profile photos have changed, you have also responded in the same topic - https://www.bolsovercruiseclub.com/forum/topic/6279-what-has-happened-to-the-forum/.

There are a few layout / design issues which should be fixed by tomorrow. It would be very useful to us if you could provide a screen shot of the blue line you mention.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club