Sign in to follow this  
Prisoner

Poor customer service

Booked a cruise through Bolsover in May 2017. P&O changed cruise to a "Strictly Come Dancing Themed Cruise" in July/August 2017. Bolsover didn't notify us whilst February 2018 of the changes. Sailing early June. 

16 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

Booked a cruise through Bolsover in May 2017. P&O changed cruise to a "Strictly Come Dancing Themed Cruise" in July/August 2017. Bolsover didn't notify us whilst February 2018 of the changes. Sailing early June. 

What is the "poor service"? You are still going to the same ports, on the same ship and are getting the benefit of the Strictly Theme. I bet if you tried booking your cruise now it would cost more. Just enjoy the experience.

Last March we book a p and o cruise for May this year, it is now a strictly cruise, Guess what? Our balcony cabin has gone up by over £1000. So don’t think it’s bad service.

All the ports are the same so don’t think we are missing anything.

just my opinion 

It`s OK for others to suppose it`s a great and wanted addition but I agree with the OP that any such change should be notified. Just basic customer service to let people know what is happening so yes it is poor service to me.

I wouldnt be happy if I had booked a cruise and then at a later stage it being turned into a "Strictly" theme cannot think of nothing worse. Having said that though wouldnt expect my TA to inform me because there is nothing you can do and they wouldnt let you cancel without incurring charges.

One of our cruises turned into a music at sea cruise after we had booked it. Not my husbands cup of tea but I enjoyed the few things that I attended & there was plenty of the usual things to do as well. He avoided all the music at sea stuff & enjoyed the cruise his own way. I'm sure you will be able to avoid all the dancing as well if you don't fancy watching any of it.

9 hours ago, Pesky Pirate said:

Just because a cruise has changed to that with a theme, being strictly or whatever doesn’t mean you have to participate. I would be more upset if the ports changed and they hadn’t bothered to say anything.

Perhaps they don't have to participate PP, but I'd of thought a lot of the entertainment would now be based on a strictly theme something that would horrify me as I dislike this type of show.

At the very least P&O or Bolsover should've had the courtesy to inform the customer of the change.

HLM.

I am booked on the same cruise and cannot stand the programme but it doesn't bother me as its not as if everyone will be wearing sequins and feathers (apart from me obviously) 

My partner and I booked this at launch with Bolsover but were informed of the change by them via email on the 01 August 2017 and my parents received their notification in the post so it definitely happened.

Maybe you should investigate more before pointing the finger at your agent, could have been lost in the post or stopped by your spam filter.

Seeing as its your one and only post I guess we wont see you again after your little moan but embrace it and dust off the lycra

It makes me wonder what some people expect, they get given an extra on what they booked and are still not happy?

I like strictly but having seen a ballroom show on an American line ,I left the theatre after a few minutes not for me ,but yet I enjoy watching the people dance on ships and enjoy the music.Just go with the flow watching is not compulsory ....Davybe

Cant see what the problem is personally, same cruise with an additional feature, if you dont want anything to do with Strictly then just avoid the events. If your itinerary had changed and they hadnt been in touch then I can understand your gripe but I cant see they have done anything wrong. Like one of the other forum members has said its more likely to push your fare up!

Ive been on a strictly themed cruise and not really interested in the show. There is other entertainment other than this and too be fair didnt even notice there was a strictly theme whilst I was on board