Oldworldtraveller

What has happened to the Forum

8 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

What has happened!! The like button has gone, peoples avatars are now showing as symbols!! Is this just a temporary blip!!

I do hope so OWT I can only assume it's down to the recent maintenance, hopefully normal service will resume soon.

HLM.

12 minutes ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

Some of the avatars are still there ( DavidH, HLM and OWT ) have you all put them on again or is it just coincidence, I too hope the like button comes back.

Hi Dancing Queen,

With regards to avatars, I've done nothing.

Do hope it's not a "rank" issue.

DavidH

Hi all,

We have simply upgraded the platform to the latest version, as you would with your mobile phone or computer's operating system. This has fixed many security issues; unfortunately we are forced to do these upgrades or the platform becomes unsupported.

No one's profile photo has changed if you have uploaded one. Members that have not uploaded a profile photo now have an initial, similar to what you see when using Google or Microsoft services.

There are a few issues, for example the like buttons, which we are looking at now. It is possible to switch to the default theme at the bottom of each page, should you prefer to use this.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

My avatar has changed to a symbol and I had a profile photo uploaded in the past so obviously has changed due to you upgrading the platform which has caused many issues.

1 hour ago, sinbad10 said:

My avatar has changed to a symbol and I had a profile photo uploaded in the past so obviously has changed due to you upgrading the platform which has caused many issues.

Hello Sinbad,

The upgrade was performed at 3pm on Wednesday 7 March. Did you have a profile photo activated yesterday morning?

If you could let us know of any other issues, other than the like button and text alignment in post headers, that would be great.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

10 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Like DavidH,  I haven't done anything to my avatar.

Like both DavidH & OWT I've done nothing to my avatar, hopefully this will soon be sorted.

HLM

Well it looks like I'm now T. I must try to put up a proper avatar. I don't like not having the like button either.☹️I haven't seen the smilies properly for a long time and it looks like nothing has changed there.🙄

16 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

I did not notice when my avatar changed I hadnt realised until others mentioned that theirs had changed as well.

Good morning Sinbad,

The initial in your profile photo is automated. This will only show if you haven't uploaded your own photo.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

12 hours ago, HLM said:

Like both DavidH & OWT I've done nothing to my avatar, hopefully this will soon be sorted.

HLM

Good morning HLM,

Your profile photo / avatar hasn't changed as you have uploaded your own photo.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

20 hours ago, Tally said:

Well it looks like I'm now T. I must try to put up a proper avatar. I don't like not having the like button either.☹️I haven't seen the smilies properly for a long time and it looks like nothing has changed there.🙄

Hi Tally,

We think your 'T' looks better than this:

Screen shot 2018-03-09 at 09.22.27.png

We look forward to seeing your new avatar :D

The like button will be fixed today.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

12 hours ago, Tally said:

PS and what's that blue line going through my post?

Hi Tally,

Are you referring to this line?

Screen shot 2018-03-09 at 09.29.24.png

If not, it would be great if you could send us a screen shot of what you're seeing.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

31 minutes ago, Davybe said:

The Like button has disappeared ....Davybe

Hi Davybe,

This will be fixed today. Hopefully you'll find the like features are much better than they were before.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

I think the new letters on a coloured background look more cheerful  than the ghostly figures but I wouldn't be happy if my little picture had vanished cos it took me weeks to get it there & I still don't know how I finally did it:D

12 hours ago, Forum Admin said:

Hi Tally,

Are you referring to this line?

Screen shot 2018-03-09 at 09.29.24.png

If not, it would be great if you could send us a screen shot of what you're seeing.

Regards,

Bolsover Cruise Club

No it was a pale blue line but it appears to have gone. I agree the T is far better than before. I promise to try and put up a proper avatar. It can't be that difficult can it?😉

5 hours ago, 2torts said:

I think the new letters on a coloured background look more cheerful  than the ghostly figures but I wouldn't be happy if my little picture had vanished cos it took me weeks to get it there & I still don't know how I finally did it:D

I wish you could remember I have been trying for weeks.