Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Following the Dress Code.

3 hours ago, cruise chef said:

As the age old saying goes 'never judge a book by its cover'. I know an elderly gentleman who lives near me and his dress sense is for want of a better word unkempt, however you will never meet such a nice, kind & polite man anywhere so I am with you on this

I have to agree with you, my only problem is sitting in the theatre next to a person who has a personal hygiene problem. Some people don’t know how to use soap and water, never mind  a dress sense. 

5 hours ago, Countrygirl said:

I have to agree with you, my only problem is sitting in the theatre next to a person who has a personal hygiene problem. Some people don’t know how to use soap and water, never mind  a dress sense. 

Now that is an entirely different thing. I too would have a huge problem with that. I have been in the lift with people dressed up to the nines whose clothes have smelt of mothballs and BO. That has been very unpleasant too.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:30 PM, Tally said:

Now that is an entirely different thing. I too would have a huge problem with that. I have been in the lift with people dressed up to the nines whose clothes have smelt of mothballs and BO. That has been very unpleasant too.

I don't think I have ever smelt mothballs on anyone's clothing on a cruise, one or two have had personal hygiene issues, but never enough to put me off cruising or black tie nights.

I always have to smile at the blokes in very old, hopelessly outdated tux sets that still have the food stains from their last few cruises on them and yet think they are smarter than someone else in  a jacket tie and shirt . I really hate this judging by dress that goes on and the "if they cannot dress up they can eat in the buffet or elsewhere". Fact is if they have been allowed in by dining room staff either they`ve been judged to meet the standard or else the ship itself places no importance on the dress codes they have supposedly i force so then it become no-one elses business.

On 4/2/2019 at 11:25 PM, towny44 said:

I don't think I have ever smelt mothballs on anyone's clothing on a cruise, one or two have had personal hygiene issues, but never enough to put me off cruising or black tie nights.

It hasn't put me off cruising or dressing up for formal nights either. It's just starting to seem a little ridiculous to me now. I have just been reading a P&O Facebook group and someone asked if their partner could just wear a waistcoat instead of a jacket on formal nights. The answers are of course varied. However quite a few people have said their husbands get too hot so take the jacket off as soon as they sit down. So what is the point. 🙄 Either it's formal and everyone abides by it or not. Some 6* lines don't have a 'formal night' probably because they know their passengers will all be suitably dressed. I think it's time P&O stopped pretending to be something they are not. I now prefer Cunard and really hope they don't go the way of P&O. So far no mothballs or BO has been smelt in the lift.