Sign in to follow this  
The Drunken Sailor

Has P&O implemented their drinks ban?

49 minutes ago, mitch said:

your allowed 1 litre. i think. i dont bother if i want a drink i go to the bar.

Me too Mitch,never ever bothered on any cruise ship.

We met a couple who were threatening to quit cruising if P&O stopped them bringing on their  Boxes of Champagne ,for there Party in their they held in their Suite?

Poor loves.....Davybe

1 hour ago, mitch said:

as far as i know no other cruiseline even lets you bring the initial 1litre at boarding on board.its a total no alcohol except from the bars.

In my/our experience, P&O has always been the exception in allowing Passengers to bring 'their own supplies' and in the past also 're-supply' en route as such.

I/we do not do so many cruises with P&O, simply because Southampton is so very far away. Although last year out of Southampton, I noted we were allowed to bring a Litre of Spirit and similarly a bottle of wine/champagne each.

Precious few other cruise lines allow anything more, than a 'carry on' 76cl bottle of wine or champagne each, (if that with some?). So I think it might be a case of being grateful for small mercies when booking P&O. Similarly said, if we want a drink we also go to the bar too, preferably at Happy Hour!! 

On our last cruise with P&O a few months ago we were scanned on the ship even if we had been checked ashore and all alcohol was removed and stored by security. As we only buy our drinks from the bars it is not a problem for us.