Sign in to follow this  
Monica

Caribbean In September?

Hi, has anyone been on a cruise around the Caribbean in September? I am thinking about it but have read reviews saying it's often bad weather so I'm not too sure what to do? :wacko:

Ive not cruised to Caribbean in October but went to Mexico on a package holiday .  It was hot and humid , it did rain for about 20 mins most days but still warm and  when it stopped it dried up and couldnt even tell it had rained.  We stayed in the pool drinking cocktails it was fab it didnt bother us.  It can be hit and miss sometimes like most places but it was definately better than being in the UK.

FiFi I went on the Caribben Princess, in September a few years ago.  It was a Western caribben sailing & the weather was lovely, I think it is a common misconception that you will get bad weather.  The rain fall is higher but this clears up as soon as it comes the temps are still really high.  On a sea day I can remember the Captian advising us if we were about to sail into rain so we could move off the sun beds.  

I would honestly go at that time of year again. :D

Hi Fi Fi, I'm similar to vamp23, I've never done a Caribbean cruise but have visited the Caribbean at that time of year.  I spent a week in Florida with my family before flying to Grand Cayman for a week.  The weather was actually really good.  We did have spontaneous bouts of rainfall each day and when it came it poured but only for a maximum of half an hour then the sun was out again.

The only thing I would say is that it is very humid at this time of year unlike when visiting in the winter months.

Never cruised around the Caribbean before but definitely want to do it at some point.

Hi, has anyone been on a cruise around the Caribbean in September? I am thinking about it but have read reviews saying it's often bad weather so I'm not too sure what to do? :wacko:

Hi Fi Fi we have done 4 Caribbean cruises in total , 3 over Christmas / New Year period and 1 in May.

The weather was very good at Christmas time in the Caribbean Islands and we had no problems with our South Transatlantic crossings.

Hope you manage to book something !

Hi some friends of ours got married in the Caribbean in September this year and out of 14 days they only had 2 days which were overcast and rainy all day, the rest of the time it was glorious sunshine with the odd bout of rainfall some days (this only lasted about half an hour or so each day).

Which cruise line are you looking at? Ive had a leaflet through my door with some summer Caribbean offers sailing on Princess Cruises next year. Cant remember exactly what the offer was ive thrown it but it was fairly recent. Hope that helps!

ah thanks. i was thinking royal caribbean as we have been on them before and really enjoyed the 'fun factor' and entertainment. can you remember how much the offers were for?