Sign in to follow this  
birdman

Med On Silver Spirit

I've just been looking at a SilverSea brochure sounds perfect - is it very formal Mr Birdman? Would a single lady traveller be at ease with this company? I usually travel Cunard or Celebrity and in particular with Celebrity like the younger ie mid to late 50's age group.

Hi minniecooper. Like you I have also travelled on Cunard & Celebrity. I'm sure you would enjoy Silversea, you would find both staff & fellow passengers very friendly people. The staff are brilliant even remembering, seems to me, all passenger names. Not too formal, very much like you would have experienced on Cunard & Celebrity. Do what I do for advice ring Bolsover Cruise Club, all the staff seem to have a wealth of knowledge, the help you get from them makes booking a cruise a pleasant experience. Hope this helps.

HI Birdman

What's the main differences in the cruise experience on thje larger Silver Spirit compared to the smaller vessels (Silver C;oud and Silver Shadow both of which I have sailed on and enjoyed).  Were you on the Silver Spirit in Venice (around 24th October) we sailed past the ship, we were arriving on Crystal Serentiy but was late getting berthed due to fog.

Yes Cadet I think we saw your ship a number of times. The weather was great up to arriving in Venice where we spent a further 2 days, not quite the same when the sun does,t shine. Still very busy though.I,ve also sailed on Cloud & Shadow, I like all the Silversea ships,you won,t be sorry if you try Spirit, doesn,t feel bigger,only holds 540 but more space offering more diverse opportunities re dining, bars & lounge areas. Only about 240 passengers on our sailing, pleased to see they hadn,t offered any cheap last minute deals. Silversea don,t seem to do that,hate to be asked" how much did you pay " Made friends with a couple from Australia and number from Florida area great company.

Guest Solent Richard

Yes Cadet I think we saw your ship a number of times. The weather was great up to arriving in Venice where we spent a further 2 days, not quite the same when the sun does,t shine. Still very busy though.I,ve also sailed on Cloud & Shadow, I like all the Silversea ships,you won,t be sorry if you try Spirit, doesn,t feel bigger,only holds 540 but more space offering more diverse opportunities re dining, bars & lounge areas. Only about 240 passengers on our sailing, pleased to see they hadn,t offered any cheap last minute deals. Silversea don,t seem to do that,hate to be asked" how much did you pay " Made friends with a couple from Australia and number from Florida area great company.

Just booked on Silver Spirit for next year's Pacific programme. Hope you stick around,  I'm bound to have a few questions.

You are right about pricing, what you pay is what it stays at - at least that is what they assured me, hence the early deposit at 25%.