Sign in to follow this  
Furby

Not ANOTHER one - lets talk new ships

As theres yet another thread going on about that horrible subject that never ends i thought i would start another discussion

There are a lot of new ships on the cards, from all singing all dancing symphony of the seas, the futuristic celebrity edge, the new as yet unamed p&o and new ultra luxury regent seven seas splendour, there is really sonthing for anyone!

Any ships are on your bucket list? lets not talk about the ones you would avoid, but the ones you think look fantastic (not forgetting we will all have different definitions of fantastic)

for me, having gone on anthem of the seas, a quantum class, i am desperate to try the oasis class, so symphony of the seas is on the list.

also quite excited to see what the new queen will bring to the stage, being the first new cunard ship in a while

the new msc ships look interesting and wouldnt mind even just a ship visit if they stop off in southampton

Edited by Furby

I would love to try Symphony, I went on Harmony when she was in Southampton and had a fab time so would love to give Symphony a try!

I would like to see them all to be honest.....just need to get saving some pennies!!!

For me the ship & destination should marry together, for instance I would love to try a Hurtigruten because I want to experience the Northern Lights.  The new Edge also has my interest.  In all honesty it’s the spec of the New Virgin Cruises that I’m watching this space for.

As someone who prefers small and mid-size ships, the ones on my list are currently Saga's new Spirit of Adventure and either/both Crystal ships - Symphony and Harmony.  Saga are perhaps more realistic price-wise for me!

46 minutes ago, afcandrew said:

As someone who prefers small and mid-size ships, the ones on my list are currently Saga's new Spirit of Adventure and either/both Crystal ships - Symphony and Harmony.  Saga are perhaps more realistic price-wise for me!

crystal are going down an interesting route, new river ships, new ocean ships and those 'air cruises' seems like the new owners have money to burn

We too loved Anthem of the Seas and are looking forward to our holiday on Symphony next month. I am quite tempted with the maiden voyage of MSC Bellissima sailing from Southampton next year. We are having our first cruise with MSC later on this year and will decide after that. Celebrity Edge also looks impressive. So many choices :-))

On 07/04/2018 at 3:57 PM, Jenjen said:

I am looking forward to the new Cunard ship, I hope she will have some nice new ports of call.

I am really looking forward to hearing news on this one!

Our love of cruising started with Royal Caribbean, I'm not sure the current ships would do it for me now but back in the day I would have probably loved them :wub:

I'm looking forward to details of the new 'Queen' being released and hope to be on the Maiden cruise, to go slightly off topic I would like to see more choice of cruise lines sailing from the UK but I don't see that happening.

59 minutes ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

Our love of cruising started with Royal Caribbean, I'm not sure the current ships would do it for me now but back in the day I would have probably loved them :wub:

I'm looking forward to details of the new 'Queen' being released and hope to be on the Maiden cruise, to go slightly off topic I would like to see more choice of cruise lines sailing from the UK but I don't see that happening.

There are quite a few sailing this year from Southampton Dancing Queen.

Royal Caribbean, MSC, Celebrity, Saga, Princess, Fred Olen, CMV, P&O, Cunard plus the occasional cruise from Oceania and Regent.

11 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Royal Caribbean, MSC, Celebrity, Saga, Princess, Fred Olen, CMV, P&O, Cunard plus the occasional cruise from Oceania and Regent.

it is amazing how many lines we get to try from the UK, and very good that the new ships will at least do a day or so here so we can see them, we are lucky to have such a major port as southampton

13 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

The only cruise with Regent that I've ever found to be from the UK is a British Isles cruise which I'm afraid doesn't appeal to me. Most of the cruises from the UK are a little too short for us.  I did notice that Princess are doing a cruise in Sept 2019 for 24 days to Canada and New England and that does appeal to me. I'm not sure about the size of the ship though.

7 hours ago, *Dancing Queen* said:

I can't comment on Princess as we've never been with them Tally but I can recommend the Canada and New England cruise, we've done it a few times and it's wonderful.

My husband has been there several times when he was working but it's an area of the world I've yet to see. I think it may also do us good to move out of our comfort zone and try a different cruiseline. Although we are trying Cunard for the first time this year but I have a feeling Princess is probably a lot different to P&O and Cunard.

17 minutes ago, Tally said:

My husband has been there several times when he was working but it's an area of the world I've yet to see. I think it may also do us good to move out of our comfort zone and try a different cruiseline. Although we are trying Cunard for the first time this year but I have a feeling Princess is probably a lot different to P&O and Cunard.

Tally, we did a lot of our early cruising with Princess and it is very similar to P&O, but with a bit more polish in the American style, but its very likely that the entertainment staff will have a high Brit content.  We have sailed on Sapphire and its very similar to Azura/Ventura but with one less passenger deck, and about 400/500 less passengers occupying  the same public deck space. 

13 hours ago, towny44 said:

Tally, we did a lot of our early cruising with Princess and it is very similar to P&O, but with a bit more polish in the American style, but its very likely that the entertainment staff will have a high Brit content.  We have sailed on Sapphire and its very similar to Azura/Ventura but with one less passenger deck, and about 400/500 less passengers occupying  the same public deck space. 

Thanks Towny In truth we've always stuck to the smaller ships with P&O. So I have no idea about the Azura or Ventura they always seemed a bit too big for us. That is the one thing which concerns me about Princess. I won't dismiss it though. We have 2 cruises booked at present but I will be looking for something in 2020. Who knows maybe we'll venture into the unknown and try a totally different experience.😱

42 minutes ago, Tally said:

Thanks Towny In truth we've always stuck to the smaller ships with P&O. So I have no idea about the Azura or Ventura they always seemed a bit too big for us. That is the one thing which concerns me about Princess. I won't dismiss it though. We have 2 cruises booked at present but I will be looking for something in 2020. Who knows maybe we'll venture into the unknown and try a totally different experience.😱

it may not be that different to what you are thinking, i expected royal caribbean to be worlds apart to p&o and in some aspects they were but generally felt very at home and familiar. azura and ventura look big from the outside but ive been on both of those and aurora, oriana and oceana and they didnt feel as big as they looked when on board compared.

I'd agree with quite a few of the names already mentioned on this list. Symphony of the Seas would be interesting to try, purely for the spectacle of it. I'd be keen to sample the new P&O ship when it arrives just out of curiosity more than anything and to see the direction they've decided to take on board.

Top of my list right now i Celebrity Edge. I love the Celebrity ship designs so I have high hopes for Edge.

lower down the list would be Viking Ocean Cruises. I'd really be keen to give them a try. I've seen a lot of their advertisements lately and they do look appealing.