Sign in to follow this  
Blue skies

How To Retire On A Luxury Cruise Ship

I stumbled across this today and it's brilliant. I don't blame this woman one bit. She basically had a choice between a care-home like facility or opting to see the world day-in-day-out. Obviously finances were not an issue so she went for it. With Crystal as well! Not a bad cruise line to spend a few years on.

She's sat at the same table for nine years on board and they've even made adjustments to her cabin for her to accommodate her needs. It's fantastic and fair play to her. I can't fault her.

It's an article on Forbes - https://www.forbes.com/sites/debbikickham/2018/04/23/how-to-retire-on-a-luxury-cruise-ship/#6456dcde13f5

Have just read the article. Now that’s what I call retiring in style. She’s not the first of course, remember the lady on the QE2, Beatrice Muller? Thanks for the link, Blue skies, it made interesting reading on a miserable Sunday afternoon!

Yes poor Beatrice, when QE2 Went to Dubai shesent onto the Queen Mary, but she did not like it, so left and went into a care home where she died quite soon afterwards.

Shedid rule the roost on the Elizabeth, the crew looked after well, at afternoon tea time you could only sit by her if invited by her, she told me, that the ship was her home, and so she could invite who she wanted or turn away anybody she did not like the off, thank goodness we were invited, because my husband had a tie and shirt on ha ha

I believe Bea moved to QV after QM2 JJ which was where we last saw her not long before through ill health she moved into a care home, she has of course since passed away, she was certainly a Cunard legend but I suspect not loved as much as she thought she was by the crew .. she could be a bit of a 'madam' from all accounts !!