Sign in to follow this  
dancefloordemon

Has anyone done a cruise and stay holiday before?

I just wondered if anyone has ever done a Cruise and Stay holiday before with Bolsover? My partner and have been looking at cruise options for what feels like forever and we’re finally settled on something we’d both like to do having seen it on Bolsover’s site. I didn’t actually know they did Cruise and Stay offers until I saw it on their website.

We’re looking at the Washington, New York & Transatlantic cruise. There’s a decent range of dates available too so that’s good. The price seems pretty reasonable and having spoken with them the whole package is very appealing.

Has anyone done one of these cruises before? Is it as simple as it seems? We’re relatively inexperienced and want to make sure we get it right.

We have done a cruise and stay ,but not with Bolsover?

From my experience I would do the Hotel part first ,not post cruise. We stayed at the Registry in Naples (Florida) even though it is a top rated Hotel it was a let down after the cruise.....Davybe

Many years ago we did a Phuket cruise and stay holiday with Thomson, cruise first then hotel stay in Phuket, and very enjoyable it was.  I think if I did one again I would still opt for the cruise first, especially if the cruise was port intensive, gives you time to relax and recover afterwards.

But following up on Daybe's point we did a pre cruise Canadian Rockies tour before an Alaska cruise, and after the grandeur of the Rockies the Alaska cruise was bit of a let down.

Edited by towny44

We did a stay & cruise with MSC & then the next year did a cruise then stay with them. We found the second one more enjoyable as with the 1st one we were longing to get onto the ship & with the 2nd we enjoyed the cruise & then had time to relax after the hectic 1st week. 

No but I want to!

I saw a cruise and stay through Bolsover advertised on Facebook earlier this week and it looked great. Having looked at the choices they offer, there's a good range of options on there site. I didn't even know they offered that type of holiday. I thought it was strictly cruises only with Bolsover so that's interesting to know now.

We frequently cruise and stay, but make our own arrangements.  Several times we have sandwiched a cruise between two stays, for example a week in Sydney, cruise to NZ, then spend a week there.  Also four days in Vancouver, cruise to Tokyo then two weeks touring  Japan.  It is a great way to see different parts of the world.