Sign in to follow this  
sammy sun

Ed Sheeran's Album Recorded On Cunard's Queen Mary 2

I've just seen the launch of a new documentary with Ed Sheeran showing a behind-the-scenes look at the recording of his latest album. I'd heard that he'd spent some time on Queen Mary 2 but I had read that it was for some peace to focus on song writing but apparently, he actually recorded a large part of album on board the ship.

It was apparently because his record producer refuses to fly and they needed to make the trip to New York to get it into production so they decided to travel across on QM2 and had a purpose built pop-up studio built on board so he could record on the way. How good is that by Cunard? Not only for enabling him to do so but also for the PR! 

The documentary supposedly features the ship quite heavily throughout so it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolded on board. Might give that a watch now when it comes to the UK.

I can remember the press reports when this story came out.  Apparently, Ed was just mingling with the other passengers whilst on board, makes you wonder how many knew who he was.  Ill defiantly watch this documentary just as much for the music as the ship.  If he gets another Gold Disk, and let be honest this is almost a guarantee with anything he realises, he might even donate it to QM2.

On 03/05/2018 at 11:22 AM, RiverSong said:

I can remember the press reports when this story came out.  Apparently, Ed was just mingling with the other passengers whilst on board, makes you wonder how many knew who he was.  Ill defiantly watch this documentary just as much for the music as the ship.  If he gets another Gold Disk, and let be honest this is almost a guarantee with anything he realises, he might even donate it to QM2.

You`d have to live in a pretty small world to not know who Ed Sheeran is and not recognise him!