Sign in to follow this  
GiGi

Viking Ocean Cruises

There isn’t much chat on here about Viking Ocean Cruises, well we’ve just been on one and it was absolutely fantastic. We did the Empires of The Mediterranean from Athens to Venice and we can not fault one thing. Our only other cruise was on the Oriana, the Viking Star is about the same size ship but has half the passengers so the whole experience was just amazing. 

The food was five star restaurant quality, the food at the buffet was the same quality,  the difference in experience  from the Oriana buffet was you always had a seat, the food never ran out and it was calm and serene. 

Yes the initial pay out isn’t cheap but they don’t charge you for every tiny thing once onboard. They are happy for you to bring drinks onboard, we had a bottle of Gin for the room and they gladly brought ice and lemon for us to enjoy a drink on the balcony. The speciality restaurants are included as are drinks with lunch and dinner. We have never had such a tiny bill at the end of a holiday. 

Should we fancy another cruise we both have said that Viking will be the only company we will go with. 

45 minutes ago, Davybe said:

We were berthed next to the ship in Tallinn ,and she does look very nice ,maybe one day we will get to sail on her...Davybe

Hi Davybe,

If there is any chance you could sail with Viking do it. I’ve just converted our drinks bill into sterling and it worked out at £18 per day. When you consider my hubby likes Grey Goose vodka and I had Tanqueray Gin you can’t fall out with that. Also there are not many places where fillet steaks, scallops, crab legs and oysters Rockefeller are served up on the buffet! 

Hi GiGi

I have sailed with Viking only on a River Cruise.

I received an invite to go and see this Ocean Ship when it was in Port for the Day, obviously we accepted the invite, the ship was fantastic we had a full tour and a meal in the buffet, food was delicious... as was the drinks served with it!

I must say the Spa looked Brilliant in comparison to a lot of other ships.

The Winter Garden looked so relaxing too.

I can only imagine how much better it would look and feel when the sun is shining in bluer waters!

One day on board is not enough.

Cannot wait to do a full Ocean Cruise.

9 minutes ago, Rum+Sun said:

Hi GiGi

I have sailed with Viking only on a River Cruise.

I received an invite to go and see this Ocean Ship when it was in Port for the Day, obviously we accepted the invite, the ship was fantastic we had a full tour and a meal in the buffet, food was delicious... as was the drinks served with it!

I must say the Spa looked Brilliant in comparison to a lot of other ships.

The Winter Garden looked so relaxing too.

I can only imagine how much better it would look and feel when the sun is shining in bluer waters!

One day on board is not enough.

Cannot wait to do a full Ocean Cruise.

Hi,

All I can say to is if you add up what you eventually spend on a cruise where you are paying out every two minutes and be honest about the quality then booking a Viking cruise should be a no brainier. 

I’ve said to people since my return that we have many lovely places where we holiday that have an array of very nice restaurants but at the end we always come back craving something we couldn’t get (usually with me it’s vegetables) but this holiday had everything we wanted. 

Go on, choose an itinerary and book it !