Sign in to follow this  
GiGi

Who has sailed with Silversea?

Hi,

I’ve only just come home from a cruise with Viking Ocean and have booked again with them for next year. Out of curiosity I downloaded the brochure for Silversea and they look amazing, of course that prompted a phone call from their sales team. They really pushed the ‘outstanding service’ and the quality food. 

Has anyone traveled with them and what was your honest opinion?  

Hi GiGi,

It's quite a while ago, either 2001 or 2002, I can't quite remember the year but I do remember a wonderful cruise on Silver Shadow.  The standard of service was superb, our Butler being almost intuitive in anticipating our every need, whilst the food was very much up there with the very best.

From what I have read since, standards have been maintained and, were the itinerary right, we would not hesitate to cruise again with Silversea.

Hopefully, someone with more recent experience will also respond to your enquiry.

DavidH

I was on the Silver Muse last September. Yes it is a luxury brand, the cabins are spacious as are the bathrooms, good quality toiletries and everything is butler serviced. The TV's, yes two of them, in the cabin are built into the wall mirrors and whilst this is very innovative the reality is they suffer from sunlight and reflection. Lots of sun bathing space and like other  upmarket brands the sun loungers have comfortable mattresses and folded towel. The food was excellent but in my humble opinion no better than Crystal or Azamara and the two speciality restaurants charge a supplement of $60pp.  I enjoyed one night cooking my own steak on the hot stones al fresco around the pool. Like all cruise lines its all about what is right for you.