Sign in to follow this  
kellyohara

Beach House or Cafe Jardin?!

We went on Oceana pre refit so my info would possibly not be relevant .We had previously enjoyed Cafe Jardin,but were disappointed the last time we went on her, and tried and enjoyed the Beach house.

I would try Cafe Jardin for breakfast or lunch, before deciding, but then again the extra charges are not bank breaking ,so why not give them both a go,ad let us know how you get on....Davybe

Ok not the Oceana but the meal we had in the Beach house was the best we had on the Oriana. We tried to get back in but it was fully booked for the rest of the cruise. 

Beach house for me. Food has always been good there as has the service. Cafe Jardin has been a bit hit and miss each time we've tried it although I would recommend it on the first night of your cruise. It's usually a lot quieter than the MDR and we've picked up lower priced supplements on these nights too in the past.

My main issue with Cafe Jardin is the location, it's a little too open for me in it's position amongst the atrium whereas the Beach House is a nicer spot on board, especially when in warmer climates.

Whilst it is popular with many, The Beach House concept holds no attraction for me.  The menu is pretty much like a Frankie & Benny's or Coast to Coast.  To me that's fine for a quick meal after going to the pictures but not what I want to eat on a cruise ship.  Just my opinion folks :)

Did both last week, beach house was fantastic, cafe jardin was very disappointing to say the least. The beef fillet my daughter had at the beach house was very nice, being 11 she loved the idea of cooking it herself on the lava as well.

Last time we were on Oceana we ate in Beach House each of the 7 nights. Well - it was our honeymoon, so we spoilt ourselves.

Absolutely love the lava rock... we have an electric one at home (and we are having steak on it tonight!)